tire\chain locks up

GoldenMotor.com

aerlinfall

Oct 19, 2012
Tucson
Hello everyone, i recently bought a Grubee Skyhawk 2011 GT5 from gasbike.net, i own a Santa Cruz cruiser bicycle and the bicycle i have the motor on. The pro blem i have is its hard to move the bike, the back tire skids, i think its the chain because when i take the motor chain off and use the pedal chain, everything is fine. I tightened up the chain with the chain tensioner and it still locks up. I also made sure that the chain is even with both sprockets and it still does it. I haven't road it yet. Please help : http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Aerlinfall/IMG_20121018_224417.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Aerlinfall/IMG_20121018_224407.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Aerlinfall/IMG_20121018_224355.jpg

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
if yoour trying to roll it as is in the picture. it will be hard to roll because its trying to turn the engine over. you need to put the clutch actuator arm on.then adjust the slack out of the cable. then pull the clutch in before you try to roll it. hope that helps

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
if yoour trying to roll it as is in the picture. it will be hard to roll because its trying to turn the engine over. you need to put the clutch actuator arm on.then adjust the slack out of the cable. then pull the clutch in before you try to roll it. hope that helps
Read and heed this man's advice. The clutch must be disengaged before you can freely spin the rear wheel. Finish your installation then try it.
Also it appears after enhancing your first photo that the master link clip is installed backwards. You'll want the open end facing the rear of the bike as it enters the engine drive sprocket. Just pop off the spring clip and put it on opposite of how you have it now. Your chain is a little loose too. 1/2 to 3/4" of slack is where it needs to be.

Good luck.

Tom

Last edited:

aerlinfall

Oct 19, 2012
Tucson
Also it's really really hard to pedal, I have to have someone push me to get it started. I'd it the clutch? And the motor just dies after about 20 feet or so..

aerlinfall

Oct 19, 2012
Tucson
Yes I have the clutch hooked up to the arm, if I make it tight the engine won't start, but it's easier to pedal. And if I make it loose just a bit it's really hard to pedal. And the engine just stops, after 10 feet or so, there's a screw that hooks up the carb to the engine that's missing, does that have anything to do with halting the engine?

aerlinfall

Oct 19, 2012
Tucson
I put the screw in that attachs the carb to the motor and the engine still stops, it doesn't accelerate or anything I have to pedal In order to make the engine still run. And I still have problems with my clutch, when it's tight I can pedal but when it's loose I can't pedal and I have someone push me to get the engine started.

vsavoldi

Jul 24, 2012
Monterey Bay California
Well you need gasoline. Anytime you want to push or pedal you need to hold in the clutch. Hold in the clutch when you start the engine. Does it keep running while you're holding in the clutch?

you may need someone local that can come over and show you about motors and how the stuff works.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Hello , and welcome to the forum .
Pictures are worth a thousand words . Thankyou for posting pics with your questions .

Is your fuel line empty , or did your brother not mix 2 stroke oil with the gas ?
My gas is blue ( mixed with oil ) , and your fuel line looks pretty clear .
Ask your brother if he mixed 2 stroke oil with the gas . ( mix 24 - 1 )

To start your bike you may need to put the choke on ( this covers the intake hole , and allows the motor to suck a little more gas thru the carb , for easier starting ) .
after it is running , you can turn the choke off .

If your clutch is set properly , the bike should roll freely when the button on the clutch lever is pushed in to hold the clutch off ( dissengaged ) .

I hope thats of some help to you .

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
It looks like the the ball bearing came out of the clutch assembly. Your clutch leaver is too far in to work.Sometimes if you take the push rod out that ball bearing will fall out.