New England Ride July 30

GoldenMotor.com

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Okay nothing fancy just a meet and ride. I figure we can meet in the Claremont, NH Home Depot parking lot. The "Rails to Trails" ATV/Biking trail can be picked up at the edge of said parking lot. It is a nice ride through the woods on the old rail bed. Runs along the Sugar River so stopping and swimming would definitely be on the agenda. It would be a fun informal thing I am thinking we could get started around 3:00 so we would not have to worry about lunch, and if you are traveling you can take your time and hit some yard sales on the way up.

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
Ok I could do that .What kind of ride and miles do you think we will do?I have 26" tires with my 40 tooth sprocket on should I gear down to a 44 for the ride?It doesnt climb very good in dirt but does 35 -40 on the flats.Anyone else so far?dnut

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
You should be fine with your 40t being the old rail bed it is all flat. As far as how far and what not I have no idea, I was planning on a couple of hours or so, with a swimming break in there some where. No one else yet, but we still have a couple of weeks. If I get my kids weed whacker bike done that will make three of us.

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
Have they given you a hard time about driving on the old rail bed?I have the same thing over my way that goes from concord to lebanon,realy nice trail but I have nobody to ride with.My new tires should be here this weekend and I am on vacation for 2 weeks so I might get a chance to ride.I will stay in touch.
brnot

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
ATVs use the rail bed all the time, snow mobilers in the winter, never had a problem I figure if it is a problem we can plead ignorant, most of the cops around here are pretty cool so worst case scenario is they tell us to go home and park it. But I figure a few guys on motor bikes just chilling is the least of their worries on the trail as 12 year olds with dirt bikes seems a little bit more of a public safety issue.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Is anybody gonna be here for this? Some stuff came up and I doubt I am going to be able to make it. Which sucks, seeing how it was my idea.

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I just got back from vacation and I am not going to make it.We went to PA with my dresser in tow of the camper and put 1000 miles on the bike,I am beat.usflg
lets try again