Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
SeaWorld to Del Mar
and back

Saturday - February 12th - 10 am

Meet at the
SeaWorld Boat Launch

This will be a 40-mile ride so come prepared
(extra gas if you'll need it, lunch money, etc.)
And Please Wear A Helmet

Google Maps hasn't been working right.
You'll need to click your browser's "BACK" button after you click the Route Map link

Click Here For Route Map

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
(big letters) SOMEONE PICK ME UP!
Do ya want me to come get ya on the tandem? I thought not. Maybe if ccc is coming down, ask Jeff if he's got room for ya........or you could just ride down, it's not that far (240+ miles round trip, including the ride)

Hope ya can make it, it's gonna be fun! dnut

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
I'll be there! Going to ride down to the starting point from Tierrasanta; then ride back after we finish the 40 miler! Should total somewhere around 60+ miles! Looking forward to seeing everyone and having another blast!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Looks like p hood and I will be cruising the tandem on this ride cause it's fast and fun. Took it up to Oceanside a few nights back (70 miles round trip) and to OB last Saturday night (30 miles round trip). This tandem rocks......see ya there!dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Whoa!!! Give us some specs. What engine, etc. How fast; looks really fast . . . . . Can't wait to see it.
Here is the build and there are vids in the video forum. You're more than welcome to take it for a ride.....it's really fun!

http://motorbicycling.com/f36/kawasaki-fe120-4-stroke-build-coming-25067.html

Here's a few vids : YouTube - Pullstart MVI_1426.AVI

YouTube - 49.6 mph. on the Tandem

YouTube - MVI_1387.AVI Cruising 40-42mph on the flats

YouTube - MVI_1388.AVI Leaving the Cotton Patch @ Dusk.....

That's more than enough footage and info for the next hour or 3 rotfl

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
BADBOOH and Beej.......you guys still alive? Still riding? Haven't heard a peep outta either one of you lately.....what's up?

Last edited:

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
BADBOOH and Beej.......you guys still alive? Still riding? Haven't heard a peep outta either one of you lately.....what's up?
Yeah Im still alive. Just ordered a new wheel and crank set to replace the damage from the Dec, accident. Ive been slammed with work and school. However, I just found out I have been promoted at work. No more all night shifts. And best of all, weekends off! You can bet my happy ass will be at the 6th SD group ride, which hopefully will be soon. That tandum of yours looks awsome. Have a great ride guys! See you all hopefully sooner than later. Can't wait to ride!!!!!!!!zpt

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
(big letters) SOMEONE PICK ME UP!
You coming down bairdco, this ride has got some flat-out drag racing potential with long straight-aways and open road. We normaly do the Fiesta Island loop which is fun way to see Mission Bay, but I didn't include it in this ride. If the majority likes we could include it at the start of the ride, or at the finish or not. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Please be prepared to RIDE!

brnot.shft..wee.dnutdance1

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Outstanding Ride today: Sea World to Del Mar (En Fuego Cantina & Grill), up Torrey Pines Grade, pass by La Jolla Shores on to Bird Rock to London's West End Bar, down through Pacific Beach and back to Sea World. A "Forty Miler!" More pics in next post. Reno's gas tank started leaking and he made a replacement using a water bottle and . . . . . duct tape!

Attachments

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the piccys Tony. Though I couldn't make it I was there in spirit. Was a GREAT day for a ride too. Thought about you guys all day...