Hi from Moses Lake, Wa

GoldenMotor.com

jokesonu

Aug 23, 2010
Moses Lake Wa
I'm new to this hobby. I started out on motorbikes when I was nine years old with my dad's honda sport 50. Had every size dirt and street bike at one time or another till I finally sold my full dressed Honda Goldwing in 85. No place for kids and wife to ride and I needed the money. I started riding my bicycle five miles to work and thought this would be really neat if it had a motor on it. But not on my 21 speed aluminum frame schwinn. I found an old murray beach cruiser that looked like new hanging in a garage. Gave the guy ten bucks for it. Thing was made in Tennessee. Repacked all the bearings, put new tubes and tires on it and hung a grubee skyhawk motor on it. It is a blast to ride.

I see a few problems and old thoughts are coming back into my head. First it has crap for brakes. The frame is too short and the steering head angle is too straight for higher speeds. I think the frame is too weak. I'm a fabricator by trade and rather than throw a lot of money at this I'm gonna build my own frame. I'm cruising this forum for ideas for better wheels and brakes. I like the look of that felt stretch bike with an in frame tank. There are no bike shops here but there is a scrap pile of bicycles anything I want for a buck. I'll be seeing those guys soon.

Some of you guys have some awesome stuff. I'll be picking your brains I have more questions than answers. For me building stuff is just as much or more fun than having it.