Bicycle co-op Bozeman MT

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
A friend of mine is of a certain age, and some local clinic recommended that he exercise.
The clinic gave him a voucher for a free bike at the Bozeman Bicycle Kitchen. He picked it up yesterday, and they even hooked him up with a new set of lights. Good deal.
This place let's folks work on their bikes at a station with all the tools you'd need. You can also volunteer and get credits toward a bike of your own. It's a pretty cool operation.

Thumbs up to the Bike Kitchen!! (^)(^)(^)(^)(^)

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for posting, Trey.
I just watched a news story about an organization in New York that is giving the opportunity for folks to learn to ride a bike again. They showed people who haven't ridden one in years getting the feel of two wheels again. Good story.

Bikes are getting some good attention. Now we need to introduce people to the joys of motorized bicycles.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Maybe you do, but I don't.

Yes, I know this is a "motorized bike forum"

But the doc suggested exercise and that means pedaling. Add a motor, pedal less. Not what the doctor ordered. You guys are like rabid dogs. As soon as the prescription was filled, you are right in there invalidating it. Amazing, but not surprising.

Another reason I'm going straight pedalec on the new build. If I don't pedal it's not going to move.

Exercise is a good thing, we need more not less.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Um... nobody said that bike was gonna get motorized... just a few comments on how hard or easy it would be to motorize does not mean there's an intention to motorize it..... this IS a motorized forum so yes, comments about motorizing will be made... whether it gets motorized or not is totally up to the owner and has nothing to do with what people in a forum he probably don't even visit are saying or not, and if he does motorize it that's his decision, not any of ours...

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
He will not motorize it. It is for his health, so he's gonna have to pedal.

I, however, enjoy the discussion...
................................................................................... Release the hounds! :)