Board Track....NOT

GoldenMotor.com

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville
Board Track....NOT *Update*

Hello everyone,

Ever since I built my first motorized bicycle I wanted to make something more. Something more heavy duty. The only reason I really do like vintage stuff is cause its built with a utilitarian mindset. Everything is meant to last and not be a throw away like (most) modern Chinese stuff is today. So without further a due and 150+ hours of labor, here it is! The P-51

By the way the engine was salvaged from my first build...has over 2,000 miles on it!

Last edited:

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
That's a great build! Kinda how I was thinking of going with my second build, more utility and less racer. Where did you find the handlebars? Enjoy the ride!

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville
highfuel90- That is one nice gas-bike. I agree with you about the throw away life most people live. Looks like you've got one that'll last.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Need It- Make It- Got It
Thanks a lot! I hope to get her to at least 10,000 miles.

Cool. Nice to see a vintage build that is not a boardie. I like the MX handlebars too.
Thanks! Yeah, boardies are cool...however I think they are overdone a little considering that they are just strictly track based machines.

Very nice build!
SB
Thanks Sir!

That's a great build! Kinda how I was thinking of going with my second build, more utility and less racer. Where did you find the handlebars? Enjoy the ride!
Thanks! I enjoyed your build as well! I got the handlebars from the Ebays. I believe you can find them via typing in pre-war handle bars. If you build a utility bike let me know, i'd love to keep track of it. usflg

Extra Pic*

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville
Yep, those look like the same handlebars I put on mine. I like them very much. Nicely done!!
Dan

Thanks, I like them too! However, the cross-brace isn't welded internally to the handlebars. It just sits inside and tends to vibrate a little.

Who did your tank and oilbox?
Our very own Pat! He's a real classy guy when I dealt with him!

Man, we have some talent on this forum. Beautiful bike.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Tom
Comments like this is why I post! Thanks so much Tom! :)

Here's some new pics with my new Continental Moped Tires all the way from Germany!

http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/Highfuel90/media/DSCN3625_zps17c07463.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Enjoy! dance1

Last edited:

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
Just a super build all the way around HF90. Every part and component looks perfectly at home on that sharp machine (that's a great color too). I wouldn't change a thing on it. Not a single thing.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Once again, nicely done. What be and where from are the front forks. I have the "classic" springer and it feels a bit wimpy with my 6'1"/190 lbs on it.
Thanks, Dan