Newbie From Fort Worth

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
They sell it at Bates #2 near my house. You can get it online from the Red Line factory. Also Motor Sport sales in Dallas.

I don't know Fort Worth very well, maybe a hot rod shop. Amsoil is another good synthetic.

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
She Lives! The float in my Carb. was stuck, she runs like never before. Went on a two hour ride all over Fort Worth, and a coach from TCU offered me $500.00 for her but I can't sell her she was a labor of love.LOL

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
She Lives! The float in my Carb. was stuck, she runs like never before. Went on a two hour ride all over Fort Worth, and a coach from TCU offered me $500.00 for her but I can't sell her she was a labor of love.LOL
That's the same reason we all have a garage full of them.

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Just when I get her running great the gas tank starts to leak at one of the welds on the studs for mounting #?@& Is there a better way to mount the tank?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think you just need to be careful not to overtighten the bolts on the tank. If you cannot wiggle the tank by hand without the bike moving, the bolts are too tight and you risk forming a leak.
I put a piece of inner tube between the tank and frame also.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Well thats good to know but how do I fix it now?
Don't feel bad. It's almost impossible to get a stock tank to last very long no matter how you mount it. They don't mention that in the instructions.

There's thousands of ways to have a fuel tank though. Nether one of my bikes have a stock gas tank.

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Well I had our best welder at work try to fix my gas tank today and after the third try no leak but I still put an aluminum epoxy on it too just in case. I think I am going to make a mount for it that bolts to the frame and then mount the tank to it with rubber bushings.

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Well I did not go to Dallas but I did go to the other side of Fort Worth a town named River Oaks, it was about a 20 mile ride there and back. I guess that is good enough for today maybe next weekend Dallas.

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Well no riding for me today the back wheel had to come off. Tire Slime could not save this tube, about a one inch long hole in the tube on the seam. So sad cause it is a nice day.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
that bites bigd. :(
if its a gash, would be checking the inside of the tire for a protruding wire, or something rolling around in there :s