New from SoCal working on 3rd build in 2 weeks

GoldenMotor.com

concretepumper

Aug 30, 2011
Cali
Hello, New here from Hemet Ca. Just wanted to say hi and share a few builds.
We bought a new Echo weed wacker a few weeks ago and I had the old homelite just needing a purpose. It would hardly run. I found the stupid spark arrestor (small screen over exhaust holes) was clogged. Removed the screen and it fired right up. So after a few hours of research we went to work. I haven't spent any money so far.
We used fish tank air tubing for fuel lines and a Craftsman socket for the drive spindle. I was skeptical if it would work much less stay together. Man this thing rips. Maybe 20 plus MPH. We have run 2 tanks of gas through it so far with very little adjustments.
The pull starter has to be scrapped to attatch the drive so starting is a snap. Just get on and give it a few spins on the pedals and it fires up and accelerates. We still need a longer throttle cable but for zero dollars we have a Motorcycle. Lol. Too much fun!

The girls bike above is the one I am trying to fit the chainsaw motor to. So far I am stuck. The weedeater motors were easy. The exhaust is facing forward on this one. Considering scrapping the clutch and going direct.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.. Granted, I know nothing about the layout you're working with on the motor or the bike, but there's bound to be a way to work it out. What have you got on the motor's exhaust port in terms of mounting hardware? (studs/bolts, or...?)