Cuban Teenager now in USA

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to the forum! Having seen over 200 mph on two wheels I am not the poster boy for riding slow. I do know this. These bikes are NOT toys, and if you are not careful you will get hurt. Calli cops don't think anything is funny.
I am hoping you dont ride that fast all the time. Other peoples kids play in the street, sometimes and don't watch for things like they should. In the country ride as fast as you dare, but please not in town. Later Tramp (c)

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
i took one of my bikes into town today and i now noticed that not everybody thinks these bikes are as cool as we think they are:D and i don't usually go that fast in monrovia. but, i have now discovered a little mountain road called angeles crest :D ^5

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Cool ! ride the road and make it yours. If I get hurt it's my fault, but I could not bear to know if I hurt someone because I messed up. Most of the time I ride pretty fast, but it's just me no one else could get harmed. Enjoy my friend. Hasta Manina Amigo!!

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
rotfl I just gotta love this thread. It wasn't a month or so ago I was talking about Riquimbili's and we were posting Tee Shirt Designs proposing a national movement for Riquimbili's in America, and low and behold a Cuban Riquimbili owner with experience building the things falls right outa the sky into the middle of this palce. Just too good to be true. Wow !

Edge, did you see our Tee shirt Gallery ?

http://motorbicycling.com/f28/tee-shirt-gallery-2116.html

The Fly on the "micro" Riquimbili is just a symbol for all our desires for fast, affordable, motorbikes that can have us feeling free as kids again. (and take our minds off the $4 dollar a gallon gasoline that looms over our heads like a black cloud)

Would you want to design a Tee shirt ? Know anyone back home who would care to lend their style to designing some Tee's for us ? I've searched thru some of the old vintage Cuban post cards for images that would lend themselves to making some tropical looking shirts. You know, tee's that would look like what tourist there for a visit would return with ?

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
LOL!!! the fly tee is awesome! i'll show my abuelo those , he'll get a kick out of them ! and about designing them, my girlfriend is an art major, she may not be Cuban, but if i tell her what i would like drawn, she can transfer it to canvas. and that would be SO Cool if MB's were all Called Riquimbilis !!

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Welcome to the forums Edge!

The ingenuity I see in the Cuban bikes is amazing. I see a kindred spirit in Deacon's creations. From looking at this site: Rikimbili.com I will venture to guess that the bikes in Cuba go faster because they are often of much larger displacement. Of the authentic Cuban bikes on that site most of them would be much larger than 67cc.

I think the items that would attract the most attention from the authorities would be the Plastic bottle Gas-tanks, The pedal on belt clutch, and the Fred Flinstone brakes!

I hope you enjoy building and riding your Schwinn. Without doubt you will yearn for more speed. Pretty good chance you might find some on this board :)

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
Welcome from the deserts of Utah......I can remember as a kid when we use to go down to Mexico for the bull fights, there were always a bunch of these style bikes every place you looked. Mostly in the market places with delivery people doing their daily routines. I always wanted one for my paper route, but my mother would always say "not my boy" your too young to die! lol.......quite an impressive ride back in those days, being the early 60's, now I'm telling my age......ooopppsss :cool: