what can i do?

GoldenMotor.com

good vibrations

Mar 30, 2010
denva, calarada
Hey eveyone. Got an older dax50 and was just wonderin' if there are any good mods for these 4strokes? I'm a 2stroker and don't know much about the 4. just puting it on the bike wasn't enough tinkerin' for me. Can I soup this thing up ?

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Dax has/had a sup'd up version of the Titan xc50, but I'm not sure what they did to do it. You can put a cool air filter on it. That's about it as far as I know. An expansion chamber might get you some flow, but other than that all I can think of is another carb. But I think for the size of the engine the one on it is decent. Air Fuel mix is really all you need, which it has. Here's a link to the air filter thread...
http://motorbicycling.com/f37/hs-air-filter-upgrade-23451.html
If you need more speed its all in the sprockets or a shift kit from SBP with multi speed hub.
Good luck and most important have fun!

P.S. Do something with the fan shroud! The red plastic sucks, I'm contemplating carbon fiber stickers or maybe even wood grain,lol. You can get rolls of them online at hobby stores or auto parts stores.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi altho you can tune 4-stroke exhaust, expansion chamber is 2-stroke pipe, and will not work properly on a 4-stroke engine.

The little 49cc 4-stroke is already a pretty hot little engine, and you'll risk blowing it up by trying to push it harder.

Best plan is to do "cosmetics" or dress-up type customization.

Mike