Titan Tantrum

GoldenMotor.com

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
So the Titan started making these sounds like a bunch of coins are rattling around in it. I don't know what's up. The only thing I've done to it was change the kill switch around last night so I could add higher handlebars. Any ideas as to what the sound might be, rattling valves, not enough oil(checking that here in a bit), something loose, etc????

P.S. I know its not the drive system, it makes this noise while idling with the clutch not engaged.

Last edited:

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
There seems to have been a rash of the HS motors that have broken off the oil slinger on the bottom of the connecting rod. Also there have been some reports rod caps comming loose on the HS motors as well. If your sure the noise is coming from the crankcase and not the clutch its probably either the slingr or the rod cap?

ocscully

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just guessing, the gearbox or a possible broken oil slinger (shifting fork)? Someone dumped some loose change in your crankcase? I would have too hear it to better understand....upload some audio perhaps....

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
After further review, I thinking it might just be the fan hitting something as it seems to be coming from behind the fan shroud and not inside the engine. The engine runs fine, no loss of power or uneven idle. Will investigate further later, its hotter than a greyhound's testicles outside right now, lol.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
After further review, I thinking it might just be the fan hitting something as it seems to be coming from behind the fan shroud and not inside the engine. The engine runs fine, no loss of power or uneven idle. Will investigate further later, its hotter than a greyhound's testicles outside right now, lol.
That's exactly what I got to thinking....it sounds like a little ringing bell sort of.....it's the starter mechanism...normal. You only hear it when your sitting at an idle.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Scotto, I think your on the money! I pull started this morning and the cord didn't snap back immediately, so maybe its caught on something/ fan or shroud. Will investigate this afternoon and post some picts.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
So it is the pull start, on of the little metal L-shape pins is broken and now rubs against the pull start piece mounted on the fan. It still starts and runs good, but the coins sound really blows.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Got in touch with Duane at Dax, they are sending me a new pull start out, warranty part!!! That's why I bought from them, quality customer service, that's what keeps us on the road!!!