Jim? CE/MM Sprocket Adapter =)

GoldenMotor.com

longhorn6

Sep 2, 2009
Richardson, TX
Hopefully Jim aka manic mechanic is going to read this and reply?

Well, recently i was riding to work one day (btw my bike was runnin great about 35mph and WAS doing awesome) was going great UNTIL i heard a crackin/breakin/wtf sound. .duh. and i stopped for that reason or my bike stopped me either way LOL so i got off the street as soon as possible, looked at my bike on the sidewalk and saw my derailleur on the pedal side ripped/bent into my wheel the opposite where it should be.

Missing and broke about half the spokes :O so luckily i was next to a repair shop and they cut off the broken spokes pedal start didnt work for obvious reasons and i had the shop guy push me to start it, got to work and left work with a push from customer. got home and realized i was screwed. So I am obviously going to get a new wheel and put the tire on the new wheel cause its fine. BUT I heard that these sprocket mountings rubber/metal/bolts on one side of the spokes works but it could go wrong, even tho thats not my problem i dont want to take it apart cause it would jus be a pain and its all messed up rubber that is (like jus messed up in the spokes/cut/ripped/not worthy of putting on new wheel.

FYI i live next to the best bike shop in america, they r always interested in my motorized bike and will even work on it for me, they got rid of my stupid tensioner and tightened the chain perfectly and its so smooooth they did this for FREE OMG gonna have them put tire on wheel/adapter kit on too.

SOOOO I heard about your sprocket adapters and really liked what i saw. As you put it it turns the whole wheel not 1 side of the spokes, so i want to go full out and next pay check and buy your item. Now i kno i have to do some measuring for ya, but will do that once i get the rim ;) Q: what is the hub is it the round cylinder in the middle of the wheel? What exactly is a spoke flange? Newbie sry ;) AND yes i want to buy the sprocket with it, although im wondering if the little sprocket on the pedal side is included????? how exactly does the adapter go on?? the "hub"? Thanks. and i am very serious about buying your adapter sooo ya.
thanks,
joe

So has anyone bought from CE?? aka MM?? I'm pretty sure your awesome/fine dude, have only heard great things so far and really like the look and (reliability??) of your adapters

when all is fixed will take a vid and post on the tube and share my awesome bike with everyone with my new 10 megapixel nikon coolpix point and shoot YAY

BTW i jus bought a leather tool holder for the front of my bike (attaches to the handlebars) and one of those funny trumpet squuesh HONK!!HONK horns jus for looks LOL and a bike cover @ WAL-MART I recommend everyone that has no more room in there garage and is keeping there bike outdoors that u buy a cover cause i leave mine outside (no room in garage) and have already seen some rusting so BUY A COVER you'll thank me LOL

my motor is attached to my frame with a u clamp (from sickbikeparts) universal LARGE mount (cruiser) and the motor is from BGF and i haven't had any problems runs great, upgraded the air filter also from sickbikeparts and the bike is a '09 schwinn jaguar from target, didnt realize wal-mart has a better/great selection, i was there and really liked the Huffy silver (to match motor) one with FENDERS (cruiser) looked bad azz but have to stick with what i got :( jus wanted to share my build LOL throttle is from Cyclegear and is awesome ;) HEAVY duty bmx chain too

Now only gotta get a speedometer LOL and maybe a lighting system..........................

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
Jim's engineering skils are nothing to be laughed at, Awe'd at is more appropriate way to describe the works he's produced.

He's quite a busy man and sticks to order scheduals as much as possible. Some small jobs can be squeezed inbetween other works on the CNC machine ect: and are quite a quick turn around, others are a little longer, but all in all you get what you pay for and when receiving a part from Jim you're likely to use it as an ornament on the dining table rather than on a bike which will scratch and dirty it. The quality is top notch, the enginuity is even better.

Reel Adventure

Jul 1, 2009
wilmington nc
I have 2 of his adapators. They are great. Just get a accurate measurement on the hub size and he will do the rest!

Also jim I left a message or 2 about the 34 tooth sprocket I need. Just let me know you got my email and when you expect it to be send out. I wont need it untill a week or so.

His product makes life easy..and makes the bike buttery smooth!

akeyma

Aug 31, 2008
I sent my wheel to Jim and he used it to design the first 32 spoke adapter. So he is producing both 36 and 32 spoke models

You may want to discuss the hub you’re planning to use before you have the wheel built. You need to find one that is pretty much parallel, not hour glass shaped

Jim and Karen went all out to help me, they're great people The best way to get ahold of them is to call.

longhorn6

Sep 2, 2009
Richardson, TX
ok bought a wheel on amazon about a week ago, should be arriving soon. It's a cheapie but it'll work hopefully (steel) Wheelmaster. Amazon.com: Wheel Master Rear Bicycle Wheel 26 x 2.125 36H, Steel, Bolt On CB, Silver: Sports & Outdoors So the best way to contact jim is to call him? oK, will do when i get paid this friday.

I also want to get fenders due to a mudd splattered back when getting to work LOL will the adaptor get in the way of putting these fenders on? or the other way around? Amazon.com: Pyramid Pro Chrome Cruiser Bicycle Fenders, 26": Sports & Outdoors

i thought Jim would see this by now LOL

Hey KTAC go to this link theres a great pic of the adaptor on his website: SPROCKET ADAPTER

xtk

Jul 14, 2009
California
ok bought a wheel on amazon about a week ago, should be arriving soon. It's a cheapie but it'll work hopefully (steel) Wheelmaster. Amazon.com: Wheel Master Rear Bicycle Wheel 26 x 2.125 36H, Steel, Bolt On CB, Silver: Sports & Outdoors So the best way to contact jim is to call him? oK, will do when i get paid this friday.

I also want to get fenders due to a mudd splattered back when getting to work LOL will the adaptor get in the way of putting these fenders on? or the other way around? Amazon.com: Pyramid Pro Chrome Cruiser Bicycle Fenders, 26": Sports & Outdoors

i thought Jim would see this by now LOL

Hey KTAC go to this link theres a great pic of the adaptor on his website: SPROCKET ADAPTER

Might want to read this....

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/manic-mechanic-closing-shop-12535.html

longhorn6

Sep 2, 2009
Richardson, TX
Ok so by now everyone has seen Jim's "closing shop" thread, only a couple of us have seen the reply by Jim saying hes got alot of orders coming in and will be able to keep on chuggin along for awhile. due to his post and evryone gettin in a frenzy LOL I spoke with him over the phone (best way to reach him -not email-) he is a swell guy and hasn't been on the forum lately to give much advise BUT he told me hes got to make some more posts/replies. I gave him my scenario and he referred me to one of his buddys who is also on this forum (forgot username LOL) and that he has inventory on jims adaptors. jim said its not hurting him if i buy from this guy cause he will in return, run out of adapters and buy some more from Jim (hopefully) his website is: piratecycles1.com

Luckily i have a shimano cbe-110 hub so i should be riding along soon.............