Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes

Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes Motorize a full suspension mountain bike to get a smother ride or for a little more speed try motorized road bicycles. This section is for sharing ideas on motorizing your mountain and road bikes.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default A Couple Questions from a Noob

Hi everyone, I am gonna build a bike and I have a couple questions.

#1 What full suspension mountain bike frames work with little or no frame hacking/welding (I have built many race cars/street rods but dont want to spend much time on this for now but Im sure Ill get hooked!).

#2 How does the transmission work, the pics I see make it hard to tell. Does the power go thru the main bike chain and shift using the rear derailluer? I was gonna ask how the rear sprocket was bolted on, I was thinking it was a special hub but I saw the simple crudeness going on and that answered that.....lol.

#3 Will the standard 66cc engine work with the standard 2 speed?

#4 Can someone tell me the correct part number of the 2 speed kit.

Thanks in advance guys! Im sure I will be building more than one of these silly things! I already want a board track bike, trials bike, and speedway bike.