Anyone have a source for big t8f/8mm freewheel sprockets?

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
Well the .5" bore is really close to the 6 splines O.D. just lath the .0118" off the output shaft and use the splines to sink the set screws into? Just a thought though.

I don't even have a good caliper anymore :( most of my speciality tools were stolen from the garage :( luckily my bike was at work. Now I'm slowly rebuilding my tools back up. And have a motion sensor in the garage and a shotgun by my bedroom door, try to get in my garage and ill put u down with a bean bag round. The next one is bird shot followed by buck shot and then an elephant slug. I feel better now!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Well the .5" bore is really close to the 6 splines O.D. just lath the .0118" off the output shaft and use the splines to sink the set screws into? Just a thought though.

I don't even have a good caliper anymore :( most of my speciality tools were stolen from the garage :( luckily my bike was at work. Now I'm slowly rebuilding my tools back up. And have a motion sensor in the garage and a shotgun by my bedroom door, try to get in my garage and ill put u down with a bean bag round. The next one is bird shot followed by buck shot and then an elephant slug. I feel better now!
Sorry to hear that, man.

How about a watch dog and a cheap alarm? Not a pit bull, but a medium-sized mutt or a yappy terrier, who's not gonna inflict serious damage. Ya don't want to pay attorney's fees and someone's medical bills. We're talking tens of thousands of dollars.

Hey, that's an idea. The splines will help retain the setscrews.

What pedal/cadence ratio are you shooting for?

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
Thank you for the concern but I've got more insurance now and only plan on scaring anybody else off. The shotgun and sequence are still poised for action though, if a bean bag breaking 4-5 ribs doesn't get them to leave a birdshot round by there feet will get the attention of most and the others get the buck shot in the hind end. If a real creep is trying to test my metal the 4OZ slug will put 'em down!

Cadence rate at 55-60 rpm so I can actually help accelerate like I could on my LSD axle mount, 7 speed pedal power. 20:1 single speed, stock 460 power on a 26" wheel 51.4 mph GPS'ed!

Last edited:

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
Im not really happy with the new 74t and its performance. Yes it has bottom down torque for days but my cadence is still way off taking off in 4th, that feels like 1st did before. My topend has dropped significantly and if the motor cant propel the bike im stuck at 10-12 ish mph pedaling. I have some serious legs that pushed the stock 24spd moto 1.0 to 37mph on the flat, before motorizing it! I cant be stuck that slow, it drains me too fast and the inability to find the right gearing could be solved with my front derailleur!

The idea being that I'll leave the 24 in place, then add a 30t inboard of my 24 on the outer side of my freebearing support. Then add a shifter and dial it in to the Acera front derailleur. My only complaint would be the extra shifter on my stock appearing bars, maybe a low "near the tank on the top tube" frame mounted suicide shifter lol. I don't think I have room for an OG stingray shifter or that would be cool as ****!

Anyway... The modification of the 74t took about 1.5hrs of my time off the clock... but not really, still had to take in services and answer the phone. Glad I was there to get a sale I had previously negotiated though. The 180° air grinder with a good carbide bit can eat! 30 min was spent cleaning up the shavings that flew 8"+! That would have been near impossible to pull off at my DE-tooled garage shop. I have to at least up-size my 24 to a 28 if I can find one.!?!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
What chainring sprocket did you have before you motorized your bike? Is it the same cassette?

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
What chainring sprocket did you have before you motorized your bike? Is it the same cassette?
24-34-44 Tru-vative iso-flows with shimano gears. Yes the same cassette exactly! I still have the wheel because I put on a Velocity wheel from GEBE when i broke almost all the spokes with a 29cc Go-ped engine i built, decked and ported. I could then do 41.3 ish on the flat with just assisting on take off. Stock gears all around just a belt drive GEBE clone but better!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
So you had a 44t pedaling sprocket, 34t and 24t chainrings before you motorized your bicycle. Is that the sprocket which allowed you to pedal to 37 mph on the flats?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
What you could do is assemble a 44t/36t/24t(or 30t) chainring combination at the bottom bracket.

Use the 24t or 30t to start from a stop. Then on the flats, shift the front derailleur to 44t. You should then be able to pedal again at 37mph or faster.

I'm just guessing.

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
Yeah 44:11 topgear. That wasn't a sustainable speed just my personal best and it took all I had and about a half mile to get to that speed. I don't endorse this but i got that number off a speed sign in a school zone.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yeah, I always hobble home pedaling about 10mph. Being that I don't motor far, I don't need to pedal too far if I break down.

What's the latest on your Moto 460?

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
Well not great. I had been using it with 14:74, 24to HG51 8spd. Same front derailleur with new SRAM chain, new sprockets & new Alivio derailleur till i could get a 27 or 30 tooth and a new HD freewheel with steel spacers.

I was on the power and a slight incline then the chain jump :-|| almost snapped the chain and twisted the AL spacers/bolts bent 8 or 9t on a new 24t. Not rideable at all.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
So the front derailleur didn't work.

What gear are you in, when the chain jumps? This time and the other times?

I bought these to "sandwich" my 24t chainring to prevent chain jumping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...745631?hash=item41b9f5759f:g:mIwAAOxykMpTJyXT

The nice predicament is that my chain hasn't jumped since I installed and tightly adjusted my SBP Jump-Stop.

When it does, then I'll make that "sprocket sandwich".

In the meantime, I trim the excess bolts and use nicely rounded Nylox/stop nuts. That way, if the chain jumps, it doesn't hang onto the excess bolts and wreak havoc at the BB.:-||

Last edited:

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
35+ mph on an incline in 5th going to shift to 6th and it jumped. Didnt bend the new derailleur thankfully. I bent the 24t back into shape and straightened the SRAM chain to the best of my ability. It does run but im getting shimano chain today and shrinking it as far as possible.

The derailleur kept it from falling inside. But it fell to the outside, wrapped the chain around the spacers and damage insued again. I wish i had the welder here I'd narrow the Front Derailleur today. Been to busy at the shop to work on my stuff.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yeah, you might try removing any excess chain links.

You might try a chain tensioner on the top side.

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Are you off the throttle, hesitating a second or two after shifting, then reapplying the throttle?

If not, you might try that. That's what I do.

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
Thinking back I did probably shift too early and powered back on to early when I broke the derailleur etc. On this chain setup 14:74-24:34/24:11, it was on a down shift 6-4 gear change at 30ish mph and dropped the chain bent some teeth over on the 24t and the SRAM 850 chain was bent too bad to use again. I had to straighten the 24 and upgraded chain again to SRAM PC-870. Then added a spring drive chain tensioner. Helped with the 74t being out of true controlling a mild surge under power. So now its running smooth after adding the spring tensioner and a beefy lockdown from a bigfoot Goped.

Ive got a line on getting a proper true 74t and a 27t secondary drive sprocket. As well as a HD freewheel. Those cheap ones from SBP even doubled up are chinsey and not very concentric at all.

I still plan on modifying the derailleur to further prevent chain jump I just have'nt had enough time to fix my stuff. .trk

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yeah, I don't like to downshift or upshift on an incline under power.

It takes twice as long for the chain to shift 2 gears, especially on the upshift.

When I had a 460 on my bike, I loved to powershift. It sounded so good.
However, my bike paid the price with broken chains, derailleurs and cassettes. My mb even has heavy scars on the chain stays for paying the price of broken chains. I must've destroyed at least 20 chains.

Now I shift very slowly and hesitate 2 seconds before applying power. Nothing's broken since I've been doing this.