Adventuring Arizona

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Ever since reading George Wyman's epic first person account of the first vehicular crossing of the United States, I've wanted to do something similar. Unfortunately, the first hassle today, really, is legality of the vehicle in the states crossed. All of the states neighboring Arizona, for example, require registration and whatnot, some with much more convoluted laws than others. Here at home though, everything is gravy, motorbikes are loved, somehow. Before that's changed in the state legislation, I want to ride more, to more places.

Of the 4,000+ miles I put on Tanglebones, there was a very nice almost 400 mile jaunt to Phoenix and back. I'm hoping to take a journey to Tonto National Monument, or Montezuma's Castle (and the Well a few miles north), along with a few other spots here soon. If anyone is interested in meeting up for a ride, let me know, adventures are more fun shared.

The Sierra Ancha Wilderness is loosely planned for next spring. There are a number of well preserved pueblos there, notably Devil's Chasm.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I 've done the Apache trail a few times. From AJ to Roosevelt Lake. Was looking for the photos I took but I cannot find them. Last time I rode my MB in Tonto was 3-4 years ago?

I was just out there last week.

Tonto National Monument is just across Windy Point Campground. The superstitions mountains, Apache and Roosevelt lake is where I spend a lot of my free time.

I did have a not so good encounter with a Sheriff on 188. He made it clear he does not like Motorized Bicycles on the road. But, I was breaking no law so there was nothing he could do.

Keep me informed, if I can get a dog sitter and the time off work I would love to ride with someone for once.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Got stuck on windy hill for a few days years ago. The raised the lake up to 120% and nobody told us, the road to that section of the campground was under five feet of water. Fun times, great fishing actually. It was right after Rodeo Chedski, I wanna say the next summer so maybe 2002? Too many bonks ago.

I'll keep you all in the loop, maybe we can set up a big meet somewheres.