2017 3rd Annual Midwest Scarecrow Run

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Ray I've thought about doing a rear mounted camera as well, then use clips from both to make a video. I tried 2 cameras a couple of years ago on the trip to the covered bride, the helmet mounted camera tilted back so most footage was bad. Luckily the video glasses did good.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Greg

I think I remember watching your bridge video on youtube awhile back. Good stuff! I think I may do some rear facing video as well. I have my SJ Cam mounted on my windshield and I also wear my video sunglasses. I also have a HD 808 keychain video camera that I may use to try to get some rear facing video. Be a different perspective then seen on most mb vids.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ray I've thought about doing a rear mounted camera as well, then use clips from both to make a video. I tried 2 cameras a couple of years ago on the trip to the covered bride, the helmet mounted camera tilted back so most footage was bad. Luckily the video glasses did good.
"A covered bride" ? As opposed to and uncovered one? :)

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Only problem is I'd have to bring my own planes and radio. My guess is that Ray flies 'Mode 2'. I'm a Mode 1 flyer. We couldn't fly each other's planes very well. :) Mode 1 = ailerons and throttle on the right stick, rudder and elevator on the left.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Only problem is I'd have to bring my own planes and radio. My guess is that Ray flies 'Mode 2'. I'm a Mode 1 flyer. We couldn't fly each other's planes very well. :) Mode 1 = ailerons and throttle on the right stick, rudder and elevator on the left.

Tom
Tom

I was our clubs RC flight Instructor for many years and always prided myself on NEVER losing a students plane. However...if I had to try to teach someone mode 1...that would be instant disaster. Sitting here thinking about it, I am trying to think how one would even buddy cord a mode 1 student box into an instructors mode 2 box? I am sure there is some programming in my radio for that, but something I have never had to do. In fact I have never seen any of our members...even the old timers fly mode 1. Those across the other side of the pond mainly fly mode 1 I think, but sure rare around here. So...my throttling up is you pointing your plane right down to the ground?lol

Au117

Sep 29, 2016
Champaign il
Hi Ray do you think you have room for one more rider i live in champaign il have been following the thread and think my bike will make it. If you have room can i call you have a few ? my Email is [email protected] Thanks Sean

Reactions: brown

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Tick tock, it's almost time!

Been scrambling to get my old bike ready this week and kept finding broken parts including a leaf in the springer fork. Just a couple more little fixes now and some miles today to break in/adjust a new drive belt.
Looking forward to seeing you all again tomorrow and no rain this year!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois

Been scrambling to get my old bike ready this week and kept finding broken parts including a leaf in the springer fork. Just a couple more little fixes now and some miles today to break in/adjust a new drive belt.
Kirk
Yep...no rain to cut things short this year. Better be prepared for a bit longer day this year. I think we will probably be doing 20 miles longer this year then last two years wheas we were racing the weather. Going to be a very enjoyable day with several pit stops along the way. Cya tomorrow morning.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Ouch! My girlfriend got rear ended in the fusion yesterday she is fine, but the cars butt end has seen better days. Looks like I'll be cramming the bike into my little audi I bought last month to make it up there tomorrow!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Ouch! My girlfriend got rear ended in the fusion yesterday she is fine, but the cars butt end has seen better days. Looks like I'll be cramming the bike into my little audi I bought last month to make it up there tomorrow!
Jordan

Dang brother! That body shop probably rolls out the red carpet for you. Wasn't it last year at this time that white fusion had a deer planted in the front of it? Think I would avoid driving that car in the month of june.LOL Glad your girl is ok! Cya tomorrow.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Jordan

Dang brother! That body shop probably rolls out the red carpet for you. Wasn't it last year at this time that white fusion had a deer planted in the front of it? Think I would avoid driving that car in the month of june.LOL Glad your girl is ok! Cya tomorrow.
Yeah a deer last year around this time. I wasn't driving this time! Couldn't stop her! Wish I would had been driving the audi and had that totaled out!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I can't be there but I'll enjoy it vicariously through memories of the summer of 15.
I watch this video occasionally and recall with fondness the day. Have fun gents, and please post pictures and videos of this year's ride.

Tom

Reactions: brown

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
.....ewee...ride me high...tomorrows the day my bride going to cone.....oh oh are we going to fly...down in the easy chair....whistle whistle whistle

Love that tune!
That was a great memory and a great ride. I also rode that Norton that day which was cool as well!

We will have plenty to share and remember after tomorrow as well.

Last edited:

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL

Looking foreword to seeing you again too.