Los angeles ride feb 21-sunday

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Christophe of Tomahawk Moped has organized a ride TEL#3234642015

start gathering at 10am at the Trails Café just into Griffith Park at the first entrance just East of Western Ave off Los Feliz.

Ride out 11 am going to the beach by way of low lying route -limited hills/inclines

I anticipate a fair number of DTM members will gather at the start point and /or hook up during the ride at some convenient locations.

IF NOT AT START LOCATION YOU CAN MEET AT EX MACHINA CORNER OF LINCOLN BLVD AND VENICE AT 12-1 IF NO MOPED MECHANICAL PROBLEMS

INTERESTED/ POST /CALL AND STAY UP ON DEVELOPMENTS HERE.

RIDE SAFE

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Dang it! It seems like every time a cool ride comes around, my bike is in the shed needing repairs! My coaster brake locked up a few nights ago and pretzeled the brake arm. I haven't dug into it yet, but I am suspecting a bent axle. Maybe I will have time on Saturday to rebuild my rear wheel with a new hub, if so, I would love to go on this ride. Thanks for the heads up buba.

Gilbert

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I just left a message on Christophe's cell

mentioned it is Long Beach veteran stadium swap meet this Sunday but strongly encouraged him and his crew to figure out 2 or three locations along their route and approximate times at which riders could join the ride!!

start point gather Trails Café -first entrance of Griffith Park just East of Western 10 am ride out 11 am

We will see what happens!!!!???

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Just off the telephone with Christophe--

Realize it is short notice-- he is setting about to rebuild the 2 wheel engine motored riding
community here in Los Angeles.

This Sunday ride start location and time -- posted above

also a 12:30-1:00 pm roundez-vous location Deux Ex Machina motorcycle shop - corner of Lincoln Boulevard and Washington ..
there for about an hour and then to Venice Beach central the path towards the Skate Board Park for some fun-- then back Easterly

Come out to ride- come out to see- come out for fun... see ya

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I may jump in on this ride as they head west towards the beach.... Keep me posted buba.

Gilbert, you need a hub I have a brand new one to give you, let me know.
That's awfully kind of you Jeff, you're a good egg. I have enough parts to rebuild this hub unless the shell is damaged, in which case I can swap out an old Morrow hub I have. Going to be a bit of a crunch to tear down and rebuild the whole wheel during my private time in the evenings.

Really going to try hard, I miss going on group rides.

Gilbert

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hi Will-

This particular ride is 20 miles from this particular Hollywood start point to beach and 20 back with everyone coming from various locations add another 5-10 miles each way .

As posted people can join the ride at the Venice Beach location EX MACHINA
at 12:30-1:00

DTM every Sunday /Funday is typically 18 miles from clubhouse to the beach and 18 return sometimes add another 20 miles for a run from Venice Beach to Hollywood and back to clubhouse

every once in a while clubhouse to Long Beach 30 miles each way...
Pasadena the same distance

facebook DTM "Doing the most" Los Angeles... motorized bike club
the biggest club we know of ....we ride --got to keep your bike up- !!!

FIRST RULE OF DTM SAFETY FIRST!!!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Hey Buba, Can you post a map of the route you'll be riding (with the approximate times)?

We have a lot going on tomorrow, but we might try to join the pack as you roll through the westside. (^)

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hi Venice--

I do not have a route map - either start point 10 am with 11am ride out of the Trails Café Griffith Park or 12:30-1 at ex machine Venice blvd and Lincoln blvd. if no serious breakdowns

wish I could be more helpful there should be other rides with more advance notice as Tomahawk sets about reestablishing the moped and two/three wheel engine / electric action in Los Angeles

After Ex Machina then to Venice beach at the Skate Park path hang time -- then heading Easterly?????

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it tomorrow. My bike just won't cooperate. I rebuilt the rear wheel with a different hub and got it all together, took a test run and the engine stopped accelerating, then quit.

Took it home re-adjusted the valves, check spark plug for spark, seemed good, bike won't start. Check fuel flow, a little slow, swap pet cock, better, still no start. I don't know what happened. Anyway, not able to fix it tonight. I keep killing these Honda gc190 engines at an alarming rate. Guess I need to look into a different power plant.

Have fun tomorrow guys,

Gilbert

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We were at the beach (on pedal bikes) & I hit up the Prez of DTM, he said he would hit me up when they got to Venice... I never heard back from him, so I guess they changed their route. :/