is this normal

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Now I am no expert in electric motors, but a lot of electric motors have that sort of whine. I don't know what you can do about it, but someone will surely know here shortly.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
Now I am no expert in electric motors, but a lot of electric motors have that sort of whine. I don't know what you can do about it, but someone will surely know here shortly.
thanks for the reply, i found out it is normal for these motors to whine like that i just wasn't sure hence why i asked here.........

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
It's fine for those electric motors to whine, the blokes riding them must never however! Save the whine for the sheila's :D
LOL scotto if i could ride something like your bike i would but it's illegal even this electric motor i have is illegal but they have no idea how much power it's set at (1200w lol)

it's hard to deny a gas engine, electric is easier to get away with, it really annoys me hopefully once i move i'll be able to run my gas engine/s......

as for sheila's, LOL no need for wine with aussie chicks mate however they do whine a lot! lol

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Most of the whine is your speed controller switching on and off for throttle. Notice how it's tied mo0re to throttle position than speed?
You're hearing the mosfets working

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
LOL scotto if i could ride something like your bike i would but it's illegal even this electric motor i have is illegal but they have no idea how much power it's set at (1200w lol)

it's hard to deny a gas engine, electric is easier to get away with, it really annoys me hopefully once i move i'll be able to run my gas engine/s......

as for sheila's, LOL no need for wine with aussie chicks mate however they do whine a lot! lol
Exactly......my first wife is an Aussie and my first son is half oz as I lived downunder back in the early 80's.

The great thing about electrics is their silent stealthness......they just don't attract unwanted attention like the loud gas bikes do.

Only thing worse than a whiny sheila is a winging POM....or a loud mouth seppo LOL

See yas later mate ;)

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
Most of the whine is your speed controller switching on and off for throttle. Notice how it's tied mo0re to throttle position than speed?
You're hearing the mosfets working
bud i'm pretty sure it's the planetary gears whining as for "mosfet" i got no idea what you're talking about this is my first ever electric setup never played with them before.

Exactly......my first wife is an Aussie and my first son is half oz as I lived downunder back in the early 80's.

The great thing about electrics is their silent stealthness......they just don't attract unwanted attention like the loud gas bikes do.

Only thing worse than a whiny sheila is a winging POM....or a loud mouth seppo LOL

See yas later mate ;)
i'd prefer a gas engine myself but what can i do lol.........

LMAO you are probably one of a very few who understand both of those words (without googling) an you are so very right on both counts bud.....

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
i'd prefer a gas engine myself but what can i do lol.........

LMAO you are probably one of a very few who understand both of those words (without googling) an you are so very right on both counts bud.....
Haha if you wanna 2-stroke I could come up with a nice gas trade for your electric!