motorized bicycling with trailers

GoldenMotor.com

What type trailer do you use for towing with a MAB?

• Total voters

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
There are commercial models made for dogs. They have more reinforcement in the bed, and the canopy is longer. I don't know if they have any restraints for the dog, but it looks like a good way to go if you want to bike to a park and let the dog run there.

Maybe they can be used for light or medium cargo (like camping gear)

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I have one of those dave......no fabric left either!..i use it for a car to walk my garbage bags to the dumpster too! its handy at swap meets.....just put a rope on it and hold it behind you walking.......carries alot

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Mine... Converted kid hauler made grocery getter. The most I've hauled is 120lbs of water softener salt while on almost flat tires. :)

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Jeckler, which hitch are you using? That's a lot of freight for a bicycle trailer. One advantage of the long-bike or cargo bike is the non-possibility of jacknifing the rig, and elimination of the weak point (hitch).
The advantage of the trailer is modular accessory choices. Good job. Go with the fattest tires you can fit on there, to minimize compression of the tire casing.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Im using one of these,

Currently in its original form. I intend to add Tail lights, Brake lights and turn signals to it. and once my kid is too big for it (rapidly approaching no doubt) I will re purpose it for hauling stuff, Haven't figured out what to use for materials though... Probably just thin plywood Suggestions would be appreciated :D

I must say I like this trailer, my bike has tipped over 2 times while standing still (terrible kick stand)leaving the trailer un-affected thanks to a springy bit that allows the trailer not to flip with the bike, and I really like the shocks the rear wheels have. I assume it makes for an easier ride on the lad. Have any of you noticed any performance differences between trailers with shocks and without?

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I'm using an old converted kid carrier with no shocks. I've found the only problem is when it's empty it bounces all over the road with every little bump. I think shocks would solve this problem. I also have the springy connection and it works great. And 1/2" or even 1/4" plywood is fine for building a box for it, AFTER yer kid is through with it that is. I think I've already got a pic of it on the site somewhere. Just a simple box arraingment, But it works well enough for me to hit up walmart and carry several bags of grub home.
fatdaddy.crt.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
My old PC died a grim & violent death. I'll have to take some new pics
of my trailer to post here soon.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
I haul a bright gaudy orange instep two seater kids trailer that has never and will never see a kid, we ain't gots none. AZ has brutal UV so I'll be converting it to a flat bed, using a piece of diamond plate aluminum. I plan to lip the front and rear upwards to deflect muck from the bike, and add a little extra room. I'll get pics up soon.