Motorized Next "Revolution"

GoldenMotor.com

Bmoney

Apr 20, 2011
Sterling, Ma
Hello fellow mb'ers!!
Im Brad. I recently started a new build, This will be my second motorized bicycle. The first was a royce union bmx style bike with a daemon 49cc 2 stroke (also my current engine) that I ended up seizing and replacing with a 66cc grubbee gt5 kit.

Well long story short I ended up selling that bike and had half of the brand new grubbee kit and my old seized daemon kit. So I got a mountain bike for next to nothing and started piecing my kits together.

Here's what I have so far;

(Not actual pic)
26" Next Revolution mountain bike
-21 speed(currently a 1 speed tho, for now.)
-All aluminium frame
-Front suspension
-V brakes( for now also)

Drivetrain;
-49cc daemon 2 stroke (freshly re-built with new cylinder head, piston and rings)
-cns carburetor

Sorry crappy pics.
Well I got it up and running after the re-build and it was running really lean due to the 66cc carb so I brought the needle to the top notch and its was running much better. Still needs a little choke to run perfect but it'd pretty good. Also idled first try! But then my chain snapped so I called it a day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abv5HbO-hR4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

Bmoney

Apr 20, 2011
Sterling, Ma
Today I took a drive down to pirate cycles in north grafton (only like 20 mins from where I live) and picked up a 415 new chain and centrifugal clutch kit.

Huge thanks to the guys down there, great prices and service! Very friendly people, ill definetly be back soon for more parts!
Ill be installing the clutch on Monday. Ill try to take lots of pics and maybe do write up. That's all for now! Thanks for viewing!!

Bmoney

Apr 20, 2011
Sterling, Ma
Thank you..
I can't really say if next are "good bikes" or not. I have hardly riden but considering they're sold at wal-mart, I'm guessing its no gem haha, but it'll do...
I like that its nice and light and the front suspension seems to work well. I do have a lot of plans in store for the bike it self and the motor.

I plan to tare it down conpletely to paint it, replace the the wheels with some that have higher grade spokes, new brake pads all around, new foam seat with suspension, and a dual pull brake lever. That'll be it for a little while.