Manic Mechanic Get II Head vs Pirate Cylce's Aftermarket Head

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm running a MM Gen II head. Use NGK B,6,7,or 8 HS spark plugs depending on how hot it is outside. You can't use a NGK BP plug, because the electrode hits the piston top. The difference between the B, and the BP is the BP have extended reach electrodes.

Mine has a ton of compression, but no piston ping using regular gas.

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
DaveC,
Thanks for the info, I bought the Puch head & a Expansion chamber From Treatland.
I'm joining the Chamber to the home made 1" Maniford with Walkers Flex Pipe purchased from O'Reilly's & using Muffler clamps. I'll try to post some pictures when I get it put together..duh.

kavid2012

May 3, 2012
Brentwood, Tennessee
Yeah, the standard China Girl gasket. I use Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket according to the directions to make sure of a seal.

And about the messages. I got an email but when I tried to answer you direct MSN wouldn't let me. I came here to answer ans there was no message in my mailbox so I was hopeing you'd get back to me :)

Just remember there is a slight difference in the distance that the studs are apart. You have to drill the Puch head holes out a bit to fit them over the studs on the China Girl motor, the Puch motor has them closer together by a tiny amount but not enough to make any real difference.
so, if i buy 70cc puch head for my 66cc 8mm stud engine, i have to drill bigger hole to sit the puch head onto the bolts?
btw do you just drill the holes with standard drill bit with hand drill is ok?
would i be able to drill straight? thanks.

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
so, if i buy 70cc puch head for my 66cc 8mm stud engine, i have to drill bigger hole to sit the puch head onto the bolts?
btw do you just drill the holes with standard drill bit with hand drill is ok?
would i be able to drill straight? thanks.
It's best to do this with a drill press, just makes it easy. But yes, more than a few on here have used just a hand drill to accomplish this, works just fine. To help visualize how it needs to be drilled. Take the stock china head gasket, and lay it on top of the Puch head, centering it on the stud holes, you will then see what, and how much it needs to be drilled..

Peace, James

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Not only do the holes need to be big for the studs enough there's the problem of a different bolt circle. Unless you have a mill to slot the holes in the right direction the holes need to be even bigger. I can't remember what size bit I used but just go up in steps. As long as the bigger holes do not intrude in the combustion chamber you're good. If you don't have a 29 bit set you kinda need one. The 1/64ths of an inch increments will help you to not go too big. Just try to keep the holes straight :)

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I KNOWWW IM LAAATE lol please noo one bash me....But i was wondering if anyone ever used this before

http://www.gasbike.net/Racing-CNC-Cylinder-Head.html not something you guys talk about a lot....Is there a reason for that??
Yes... ther's a reason... a guy named Fred did hours and days, then weeks and months of R&D to make a really good head for these engines, Gasbike.com was interested in an order of his heads, then sent them off to China to get what you're posting in your link. Fred will sell you the real deal for the same price. I can't respect anyone who takes someone else's ideas then runs to China with them for pure profit.