Made In The U.S.A. ?

GoldenMotor.com

42blue15

Sep 18, 2008
St Louis metro, USA
Golden Eagle Bicycle Engines are all USA, and I'm not sure about this one.

Ridley Vintage Motorbikes : Vintage Motorized Bicycle Kits
Golden Eagle makes the other kit parts themselves (in the USA) but they don't build their own engines.

The Ridley engines look just like the usual China Girl setups.

------

This "buying American" is almost a lost cause when it comes to buying bicycles. Worksman is about the only way to go, for anything like a cruiser-style bicycle. And that's a very limited choice, considering that the largest Worksman frame is still quite a bit too small for this adult.

Most bikes and bike parts are made in China now, and most of the rest are made in Taiwan. Buying a vintage/used bike (even from a US manufacturer) prevents a few dollars from going to the Orient, but it doesn't do much to preserve US jobs now.

Stinky Finger

Jul 26, 2010
Leicester, New York
Well, you've got the right handle, jokesonu, if you believe everything you just posted. Honda's are a superior engine but they also use the splash oiling system and are governed like a Briggs. I over-rev mine regularly with no problems. In fact my two Briggs and Stratton motorbicycles just won their class at the Willow Springs race last Saturday. Very durable and capable engines. I own Honda, Briggs, Wisconsin, Lauson, Faribanks, Fuller and Johnson, Maytag, Clinton, Bean, IHC, Cushman, Whizzer, Tanaka, Kohler, Motobecane, Economy and a few other engines, so I know what I'm talking about. What I'm trying to say is that there's a lot of choices other than Chinese that are from democratic nations. A determined builder can do without a kit. Lots of us have.
Congratulations, msrfan on your victories at Willow Springs !!!

Thank you to everyone for your replies to my questions. :)

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
Honda and Subaru engines for the money are without a doubt the best and most reliable. making a bicycle in the USA is always going to be more expensive, most people on this site build a complete bike for around $600. a staton trans and honda 50 cc engine is $600. our american made frames retail for $1000 and the rest of the quality bicycle parts we use is another $1000 so an american designed and built bike for $2600 seems like alot of money but the best stuff is always going to have a premium price.

Joaquin Suave

Dec 9, 2008
Alta & Baja California
our american made frames retail for $1000 and the rest of the quality bicycle parts we use is another $1000 so an american designed and built bike for $2600 seems like alot of money but the best stuff is always going to have a premium price.
Lance, you are obvously humble and i REALLY respect that!!! But I'd also really like to see what you are "offering"...

could you please post a link to your site or PM me with a link?

Thanks in advance!