centrifugal clutch engagement RPMs

GoldenMotor.com

Dawud

Aug 23, 2009
Prescott, Arizona
I am designing a heavy-duty pusher trailer that is to be built within the next three weeks or so. This post pertains to centrifugal clutch engagement RPMs as stated in the title. The engine I'm using the diesel with the maximum RPM rating of 3600, but the sweet idle at 3000 RPMs. I'm wondering what RPM would be an ideal cut in for centrifugal clutch. Heretofore I have been using any mid-chassis Chinese engine with the clutch assembly and cable. Your thoughts and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
A clutch rated with roughly the same HPR as your engine should be the start. As for where the power band comes in now thats fun! I am a little rough on the central fudge clutches haven't studied them enough yet. Lots of help here. Welcome to the forum.

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Try the folks at MaxTorque in Naperville Ill. I bought a special use clutch from them for my Honda GXH50 and have been really pleased. When you call or e-mail them wou will be dealing with the owner of the company, a man named Jim Donavan. He's very knowledgeable and helpful and I'm sure he will be able to make recommendations and more than likely have just the clutch you need. Link to MaxTorque

ocscully