help

GoldenMotor.com

donvil

Jan 11, 2013
claremore oklahoma
Hi my name is donvil and I have a grubee 66cc gasbike and I have had this bike for awhile and know how to work on them but after I took it apart and replaced the gaskets it will not start, I have checked to make sure all wiring is good and it is but still wont start. Its acting like it isnt getting spark but it is. I need some new ideas, I am all out can anyone help? I live in claremore oklahoma. [email protected]

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
First welcome to the forum, now give a little more info on which gaskets you replaced. Did you split the case or remove the cylinder? You say it is firing but is it in time? If you removed the magneto it could be on backwards.

donvil

Jan 11, 2013
claremore oklahoma
the magneto isnt in backwards. I changed all the gaskets on the head I did not split the case, but I figured out the problem but I dont know how to adjust the carb on the new cnc carbs, I cant even get it started to adjust it.

What do you mean is it in time?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Did you go through the check list? It tells about fuel problems also. Which carb do you have? I run the cns2 that is different from the newest version, mine has two adjustment screws.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
When you say you replaced the gaskets on the head,if that's all you did check the torque on the nuts to make sure you don't have a leak. If you replaced the cylinder base gasket check for leaks there, if it is drawing air at the base it is not drawing gas from the carb.

donvil

Jan 11, 2013
claremore oklahoma
mine has no adgustment screws but one for fuel intake. It came with my motor,the one with the blue breather thing on it. I cant figure out why it wont start its mind boggeling. What do u mean timming? I didnt know they needed to be timed

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The timing is done by the magnet on the crankshaft end, if you didn't remove the magnet that is probably not the problem. Do you have fuel in the carb bowl? If you choke it fully does the spark plug show signs of fuel when you remove it?