edger bike project

GoldenMotor.com

Das Chicken

Mar 22, 2012
Georgia
I have this 21cc craftsman edger, [see pictures below] which refused to run off of its own fuel; due to a carb/fuel line problem. An hour of trying to get it to run later, the carb got a broken rubber piece in between the primer bulb and the carb body. This change stopped the engine from running altogether. Then I remembered that old craftsman weedwacker engine, which is identical except for cylinder porting, and the carb. One carb transplant later, and it actually ran! Albeit the same problems as before existed. So my dad and i gave up, and got a new Echo edger. So that got me thinking, what do i do with this old engine? replace the oil with abrasive hand cleaner? Rev the fecal matter out of it? How about another motorized bicycle? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Long story short, a carb repair kit is on the way, so the carb problems will be solved. Now that i have to wait a week to get the parts, i might as well figure out how to mount it. Any ideas? The engine has a centrifugal clutch, and a very heavy duty 2.7:1 gear reduction [The gears alone weigh at least a pound]. The bikes available to mount this are; a 26' mountain bike with dual suspension, a 26' mountain bike with no suspension, and a 20' [i think] bike with no suspension.

Last edited: