BonusParts' Genesis Astra 29er Build

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I definitely am pretty pleased with my top speed, however I know it'd do more if I could get this damn carb tuned. I have to read the mikuni tuning guide again and try to reset my jetting and such come springtime. It lacks midrange punch which i had loads of with an NT - tho the top end is incomparable between the two. As of now its cold and the snow will start soon, so im just gonna stay in the warm and work on a 24" bike i roadside picked.
Sounds like a good plan..

take care and keep warm until the thaw in spring.

Map

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
What fork did you use? I am a big fan of your styling on this. My Astra will be a whole other beast haha
Its an RST i think. I have to look.

It has adjustable rebound and lockout. REALLY nice range on the damping IMO. definitely goes from WAY soft to pretty stiff to locked.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
ok where did you get the adapter for the rim???? im building one too but I only find the adapters for the coaster brake hubs and not for the 7 speed hubs

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
yea I just sent him a message I hope he calls back I really need to finish this build so I can go shopping and run around like a spring chicken LOL im 51 and I feel like a kid when I was riding my old motorized bike it was a 49cc and was not that slow but it felt like I was walking compared to one I rode last fall it was one of these but I didn't like the way this guy did it he used like 5-6 bolts for the sprocket and the thing shook like I was on a paint shaker

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well it looks like pirate cycle is either no longer there or they don't have the same phone number also tried to order this part and there no longer available whats up with that

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well just ordered the same one on gasbike the 36 tooth and I figure ill send back the one to bike berry for a refund it cost me more for just the adapter go figure I think its bike theft instead lol no disrespect meant in this statement!!!!!!!!!

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
xct2I hope that it gets here fast. I want to be riding by next week I have everything done cept that damn sprocket and the chain I also only use the toothed tensioner sprocket I don't trust those plastic crap I bought 10 of the toothed ones last year and put them on every build I do thanks for your help add me as a contact have a blessed day!!!

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
xct2 black bike.jpg heres the bike I built a few months ago I had to cut and weld the exhaust so it wouldn't hit the tire I also put 700c x45c tires and puncture resistant tubes it goes 43 M.P.H. with only about 60 miles on it but I only ran it that fast for a few minutes then only run it half throttle