212cc capable frame?

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me. Would that Macargi Royal chopper bicycle at bike buyers hold up to a HF 212cc engine if the rider is gentle on the throttle?
I believe Sportsman Pat is the originator of the Worksman with the drop loop frame. He uses that (0.090 inches frame tube thickness) with HF 79 and 99cc engines. After learning that held up very well he's working on a honda GC 160cc with peddle start for his peddle cruiser. His bicycles with the HF 212, Honda 200 and 250cc are DOM tubing with 0.12 inches thickness.
It looks like the 212cc engine should be fitted to a very high quality bicycle like a Felt cruiser. Thank you.

cschade

Aug 8, 2014
United States
Excuse me. Would that Macargi Royal chopper bicycle at bike buyers hold up to a HF 212cc engine if the rider is gentle on the throttle?
I believe Sportsman Pat is the originator of the Worksman with the drop loop frame. He uses that (0.090 inches frame tube thickness) with HF 79 and 99cc engines. After learning that held up very well he's working on a honda GC 160cc with peddle start for his peddle cruiser. His bicycles with the HF 212, Honda 200 and 250cc are DOM tubing with 0.12 inches thickness.
It looks like the 212cc engine should be fitted to a very high quality bicycle like a Felt cruiser. Thank you.
Yup. Predator303 built a BEAUTIFUL Micargi Royal with a Predator 212cc.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=43358

cschade

Aug 8, 2014
United States
Does anyone know if a Skyhawk GT-2 frame will fit a Predator 212cc? Seems the only problems would be removing the gas tank (not a problem since the gt2 has a built in gas tank), swapping out for a carb without that huge tall air filter, and getting a better fitting exhaust.

The frame seems like it's a strong frame with a lot of great features (vbrake mounts, disc brake options, rear facing dropouts, build in gas tank, on and on)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Does anyone know if a Skyhawk GT-2 frame will fit a Predator 212cc? Seems the only problems would be removing the gas tank (not a problem since the gt2 has a built in gas tank), swapping out for a carb without that huge tall air filter, and getting a better fitting exhaust.

The frame seems like it's a strong frame with a lot of great features (vbrake mounts, disc brake options, rear facing dropouts, build in gas tank, on and on)
Really? Did you not read this previous post?

The skyhawk frames have been known to crack and unless you have the proper welder and know how to weld aluminum, reinforcing or repairing it is going to be difficult and expensive at best and impossible at worst, making it a worse choice for a 212 build than a Walmart bike imvho. On the subject of gusseting, I've seen lots of people do it, what especially makes it harder to gusset a Walmart frame than any other? I know there are some Walmart bikes that are really questionable and not even safe to pedal let alone motorize, but I figure if you're planning a 212 build you already ought to know what to look for and stay away from. My second bike was a Walmart huffy with a China kit that hauled my large carcass around for about two and a half years, I literally trusted that frame with my life and if I could've gotten a 97cc flat head to fit in it, I'd have used it. My current project is using a Cleveland welding frame that I got in a trade, but I've seen others stick 79 and 99 predators in cranbrooks without issue. If it can take a 79/99 without gusseting, I'm inclined to believe that gusseting would make it plenty strong for a stock/mild 212. Just my opinion, you guys have yours, I have mine. No hard feelings.
The Skyhawk frames are not strong as far as motorizing with a high output engine. The aluminum in these frames I consider "soft" for the application.

Go ahead and build one, then you can speak from your experience.......good or bad. Personally I would not consider using this frame for a 212cc build based on the size of the frame alone.......way too small.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
HI ALL-

lately I have had another itch--- being a cheap save a dime kinda guy and not wanting to risk it all on the china highway...

I have been rounding up old electras -like the dropouts-with a mind to chopping and stretching to my heart's content --put anything reasonable into it moped or motorcycle wheels/brakes could brake disk the jack shaft or??? higher hp powerplant briggs 3-5 , or preddy or honda or ????
have an aluminum one with a 10 inch stretch with Ghetto James for tig'in (pro welding is vip!!)- thinking a 97cc doodle bug i have would be sweet for the first one???

anyone else have the same itch let's see what you've got or gonna got--

Ride Safe
All I'm saying is that the same parts fit both engines as far as drive train, carbs/etc. The 79cc predator is cheaper new than the doodlebug engine and makes 25% more power. Now if you've got a used doodlebug engine sitting around and want something to toy around with, be my guest. At a gearing of 12.44:1 with a 26" wheel, it'll get you 32mph but it won't do hills super great, a little better than the china girls do but not much. You can either gear it higher and try to hit every hill running, or gear it lower and lose a little top speed but should climb hills well. But if you're comparing the price of a new engine, the predator will get you more bang for your bucks without spending as many of said bucks. Trust me, I've used the doodlebug engine, I know it's power limits.

cschade

Aug 8, 2014
United States
Alright last one...

Thoughts on a Micargi Rover 7 speed with V brakes. The frame is steel and looks to be strong, and seems to have enough space for a 212.

Anyone?

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
Firms tong chief is a great frame for the 212. You still have to do a lot gusset ting and needs multiple engine mounts/bracing to the 212cc. The predator vibrates quote a bit. In stock form, it'll do fine mating to the frame.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Firms tong chief is a great frame for the 212. You still have to do a lot gusset ting and needs multiple engine mounts/bracing to the 212cc. The predator vibrates quote a bit. In stock form, it'll do fine mating to the frame.
I built my 212cc into this frame and its held up great for many years.