hi all

GoldenMotor.com

steveinil

Feb 7, 2014
columbia IL
hi all i am new here dont have a motorized bike yet but am for sure thinking about it. i only work 5 miles from home and have rode my regular bike a few times only probably 3 miles on a bike.. but there is one huge hill so kinda gave up on it lol. so been thinking about trying this was going to get a 50cc scooter but this looks cheaper and no license plate ins. and what not.

steveinil

Feb 7, 2014
columbia IL
ok how i first heard about the motorized bikes is i happen to see the local bike shop guy rolling on into his shop i asked him about it he said he thought the owner was going to sell it once he fixed the crank (pedel crank) so anyway he is having trouble getting the pedell off so while i was there he called they owner of the bike asked what he wanted for it unfixed. he said 75bucks the bike shop owner did ride the bike he said it ran good seemed to have good power he wasnt sure what size engine it was or how long the original owner has had it but will find out. i know its a skyhawk is all i know at this point. but sounds like a decent deal? any thoughts

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
Hi and welcome to the family,75 bucks sounds like a good deal,replaceing the pedal crank can't cost too much.if you buy it good luck,i have a skyhawk with around 1500 miles on it still runs like new.ride safe.

steveinil

Feb 7, 2014
columbia IL
cool on the miles.. yeah figured even if i end up putting it on a different frame for 75 bucks would be worth it lol thanks for the info

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome steve, I have a 10 mile trip to work and live on an island so I go over a mountain and not way this old man could do it on a pedal bike. my motorized bicycle I have no problem, I pedal assist up the mountain but it is like pedaling down hill. not only do I get to enjoy the weather but I also get a little exercise, great to have you with us

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard. You can hardly go wrong for $75.

If a bike mechanic was having trouble getting a crank off, then I can't help but wonder if the crank or bottom bracket is damaged. But even if you had to put the engine/drive train on a different bike, it's still all workable.

The only worthwhile advice I could offer right now would be for you to be prepared to tinker with your bike and get your hands dirty. Every single one of these bikes requires it.

But it's more fun than not and you can end up with an amazingly competent vehicle at very little cost.

steveinil

Feb 7, 2014
columbia IL
yeah am a diesel mechanic so no worries there looked at it again today still waiting to hear from the owner but did find out its a 66cc is there a build date on there? crap didnt think to look for that lol