2 stroke not idleing

GoldenMotor.com

taffyapple

Apr 29, 2012
swindon,uk
hi guys i need some advice

i might be bein thick but need some pointers cause im a little miffed lol!!

got a 2 stroke dr50 and it runs well on throttle but cannot get her to idle could you suggest as to why

many thanks ;)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is it idleing too fast or too slow and dies?

You didn't say which carburetor you have. That would help us.
Most of them have an idle speed screw that when turned inward increases idle speed and out to decrease it.
Make sure your throttle cable is adjusted correctly and allows the carb to return to full idle position when released.

Tom

taffyapple

Apr 29, 2012
swindon,uk
ah thanks for the help guys i found the problem lol!!
whoever had it before me put an idle screw in that didnt even reach the throttle beval so i couldny figure it out till i got it in the sun today and thought shouldn the throttle be moving hahahaha!!!!
another stupid thing im sure there will be plenty more!!!

thanks for the replys though guys i will prob have these issues one day lol!!!

one question though if you could answer it....... ive got the basic carb on it at moment which has a primer bulb on the bottom and two fuel lines from it in and out im guessing,but ive seen a carb which has high and low throttle screws but has no primer bulb......does any of you know if its a better carb? its supposed to be a performance carb but im wondering that because it doesnt have a primer bulb will it comprimise starting her up as i give her anything from 5 to 10 pumps?
il get some pics and thanks in advance ;)

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
The one on the left looks like a Walbro 15mm carburetor, the one on the right looks like a walbro 603 carburetor

The one on the left has one adjustment screw, the one on the right has three adjustment screws: high jet, low jet and a idle adjustment screw. The carburetor on the right is much more tunable but uses more gas.

Last edited: