Got my 3rd bike together today, vids of ride and walk around of bike

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well, fella's if your hoping to see a show bike, just back on outta here and go to another thread.....LOL!

But if you don't mind looking at... and hearing about a bike I spent 4 hours on last night and another 4 hours on today to build from a bare frame then you're in the right place, I bought this bike and the engine last year from a fella that had bought it from someone else from out of town, this bike was a mess and looked like someone really wanted a MB but didnt have a clue where to start so they just got rid of the stuff and quit on the idea I would guess.

This frame is a stretched frame compared to the cranbrooks and simular cruiser frames, it's about 4 inches longer which really sits nice, it has good V brakes and is a 7 speed, not sure where the engine came from as far as who the original seller was, but it is the 66cc with the dome piston and the straight plug head, no markings or tags on the engine, but it runs almost as good as my slant 66cc and will run as good once I shave the head and get the compression up to par on it.

Anyway, here are a couple links to the videos I made earlier this evening, sorry about all the talking in them but I was having fun and just couldn't shut up and just ride.......LOL!

Peace

YouTube - Ride-New bike 4-26-2011.mp4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgnZ3GbdWYY

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
Well, fella's if your hoping to see a show bike, just back on outta here and go to another thread.....LOL!

But if you don't mind looking at... and hearing about a bike I spent 4 hours on last night and another 4 hours on today to build from a bare frame then you're in the right place, I bought this bike and the engine last year from a fella that had bought it from someone else from out of town, this bike was a mess and looked like someone really wanted a MB but didnt have a clue where to start so they just got rid of the stuff and quit on the idea I would guess.

This frame is a stretched frame compared to the cranbrooks and simular cruiser frames, it's about 4 inches longer which really sits nice, it has good V brakes and is a 7 speed, not sure where the engine came from as far as who the original seller was, but it is the 66cc with the dome piston and the straight plug head, no markings or tags on the engine, but it runs almost as good as my slant 66cc and will run as good once I shave the head and get the compression up to par on it.

Anyway, here are a couple links to the videos I made earlier this evening, sorry about all the talking in them but I was having fun and just couldn't shut up and just ride.......LOL!

Peace

YouTube - Ride-New bike 4-26-2011.mp4

YouTube - New bike walk around vid 4-26-2011.mp4

I watched it man
That is really awesome

Hope it continues to work well for ya!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks, prussian

Yep, so could you really pick up on the Texas country boy accent......? LOL!

I can't hide that can I?

Yeah, I was very impressed in how well that set up is working on that bike, I still have other upgrades to do to it, it will eventually have a SBP HD shift kit on it and a springer front end, ape hangers, different rims I already have with the better quando hubs for those high dollar tires, I'll have a set back seat post and a rear rack, head light and maybe even saddle bags but not sure on them yet.

It's a good start though and rides like a dream, it will likely be stripped down to bare metal, primed and then repainted in a color called "Chrome Yellow" kinda like the Yeller Rose of Texas.......LOL!

I'm proud of all three of my bikes, but this is the new member of the family so it's getting the most attention right now, kinda like the new baby everyone always wants to hold.......

Thanks agian for the kind words Bro.

Texas aint going no where so when your ready we aint hard to find, just come on back, you may have left Texas but Texas wont even leave you once you been here for any time at all, especially in the smaller country towns, not sure this applies to the big cities.....I live in Texas and I can't stand them for very long myself, nothing like small town America in any state your in, I think small town folks are generally the nicest and the most helpful, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't partial to Texas since I was born here and lived here my entire life.

Peace

dnut

Dude you sound just like i pictured, God I miss Texas ,cool vid nice build. Were you excited or what ? I just love the child like joy these bikes bring out of people.

Last edited: