Arggg...another one bites the dust

GoldenMotor.com

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
So my bike the past few days has really been wierd. It wants to run with the choke on only. I went and solved that issue. The carb was no where near adjusted correctly. fixed that.

BUT the major issue of it getting up to operating temp and the motor will just die out and lose all power. Part of this is caused by the Carb because It only has one needle for adjustment but the motor I think is just too old and when it gets up to temp it loses compression from the seals. Which explains why when it gets to the temp I can notice a lil leak from the motor.

So short end of it all, I am gonna need a new motor.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Hey my motor is brand new and doing all kinds of weird things. I think I damaged it by having so much tension that it was over worked. Mine probably got hot and just won't run under load ever again.

I checked a few mintues ago and it starts and runs with no load just fine. I'm going to go down and put a load on it in a minute to see what it does.

If nothing else I have learned a valuable lesson.

You might try running it with almost no tension on the engine to see what it does before you toss it. I have tossed a few that thinking back I wish I had checked out a little better.

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Oh, I am not gonna toss it. I spent too much time and money to just toss it. I will just fine a new way to put it to work. But it will do with no load alright. I have it pretty lose on the tire actually. It will get up to speed go and then it gets warm...I can hear it and feel it going away. then it slowly comes to a stop. I can pedal it up to keep it running but not worth the effort haha.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I ran mine tonight and it does okay... I'm hoping it is back to itself tomorrow after it really cools down. I have the gravity clutch and if I juggle it and the throttle, I can about half make it run. I'm waiting till tomorrow to see how it does with a different drive wheel. This whole thing is beginning to get on my nerves lol

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Even though My engine is new, tomorrow I'm going to gut the muffler. I think that maybe it isn't breathing well. I'm going to drill holes and take out everything I can. I'm going to try to increase the power and torque of the engine. If it doesn't work, I'll just buy another muffler. Maybe with less restriction the engine will do a little better.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Cube my motor runs better than new..

here is what I did. I took off the muffler. I poured some gas through it to make sure I got all the gunk out. then after it dried I drilled five 1/4" hole in it at random points. I loosened the drive wheel to where the tension was just barely on the wheel.

I lifted the motor started it and let it warm up. I took off and dropped the suicide clutch. The hand clutch wasn't adjusted just right so I killed the engine. Just for the heck of it I tried to drag start it and to my shock it started.

Not only that the darn thing responded to the throttle as it hadn't done since the first time I ran it. It pulled almost as good as my chainsaw bike.

So clean your muffler, then drill some holes in it. Hey what you got to lose.

For those of you who are curious, yes it is loud but heck that's half the fun. The cars can't say they didn't know you were coming.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
2 stroke mufflers "carbon" up you can also burn the carbon out by getting it glowing hot with a torch shutting the flame off and just shooting oxygen to it with the torch. when the carbon up they get clogged and don't let exhaust out quite right and in two strokes for sure exhaust and intake make all the difference in the world.