Zip Cycle Parts

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I`m Looking For Extra Parts For "zip Cycle" Friction Drive Bicycle .. I Maybe Interested In Whatever You Have. They Are Out Of Business For Years Now. Thanks Ron. (^)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi Retro

I Just Checked The Web Site, It Is Still Up And Running. They Have Been Out Of Business For Several Years. You Can Look At Some Of The Different Pages. None Of The Dealers Are Around, Don`t Waste Your Time. I Tried Calling Them All 2 Yrs Ago, There Are No Dealers.

There Is One Member On Here That Has A Couple Bikes That He Rides. He Is Elderly And Was Part Of Zip Cycles. There Are No Parts From Them. He Lives In Northern Alabama. He Can`t Help You Either.

But I May Be Able To Help You Find Some Parts. Tell You Were I Got Some. You Should Not Need "Zip Cycle" For Anything Anyway. Type That Into Your Search Engine. Click The Top Link On The Page, It Will Say Red Elephant On The Bottom, That Will Take You To Zip Cycle. Again, They Are Long Gone. You Will See The Bike Prices On One Page. Remember, They Do Not Exist !! But You Don`t Need Them Anyway.

I Posted Some Pics Of Mine In Friction Drives I Think. Ron .cvlt1

janlynn1019

May 1, 2014
Kansas
I have a zip cycle. Beautiful and decked out ready to sell. $3700.00 Red Mint condition. Contact and I will send pic. The photos are too big to download here.

Total rare and valuable bike. This bike was built in 1960 and they have not made these for years. I think I have only seen three in USA. One blue one in California and another on youtube with no information. The third was when I was a child a neighbor had one and they had a blast on it back in the day in the 60's. When I found this bike I though I had died and gone to heaven. However I am willing to sell it for the right price.

janlynn

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Janlynn1019

Have not been on the forum much at all last couple years. Was looking for some of my DIT shifter build posts and ran across your post here. I still have the zip cycle, in fairly good condition,

Zip Cycle still had their website going not long ago even with sound effect, but it sounded more Haley than 25cc.

It was tied in with Red something, Alabama sport team and a red Elephant.

A older guy in Alabama posted pics on here of his Zip Cycles, he worked there or was a co owner.

Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dave

Think of you often ole friend. Did pm you last week. Need to Pm Dan & Tom.

The Zip cycle had a out of round friction wheel from rubbing on tire and not turning. Converted it to a 2" wide x 2" dia leather flat pulley to run on bike tire. Had to go to 1/2" shaft and larger id bearings and a new nylon cogged pulley because of the larger shaft.

Ron

Fatpaulie

Dec 4, 2020
Hi Retro

I Just Checked The Web Site, It Is Still Up And Running. They Have Been Out Of Business For Several Years. You Can Look At Some Of The Different Pages. None Of The Dealers Are Around, Don`t Waste Your Time. I Tried Calling Them All 2 Yrs Ago, There Are No Dealers.

There Is One Member On Here That Has A Couple Bikes That He Rides. He Is Elderly And Was Part Of Zip Cycles. There Are No Parts From Them. He Lives In Northern Alabama. He Can`t Help You Either.

But I May Be Able To Help You Find Some Parts. Tell You Were I Got Some. You Should Not Need "Zip Cycle" For Anything Anyway. Type That Into Your Search Engine. Click The Top Link On The Page, It Will Say Red Elephant On The Bottom, That Will Take You To Zip Cycle. Again, They Are Long Gone. You Will See The Bike Prices On One Page. Remember, They Do Not Exist !! But You Don`t Need Them Anyway.

I Posted Some Pics Of Mine In Friction Drives I Think. Ron .cvlt1
Can you help me out with the website? I'm a old Harley rider and builder. I picked up a zip cycle on a Mercury frame "Bike" its super sharp and clean the motor seems to run fair has a homelite motor "appears newer" but the wheel that goes from the motor to the real wheel is gone and was replaced with what appears to be 2 roller blade wheels!They are to big and it really needs the proper friction drive wheel to make it right. I didnt really want the bike but $300 I took the gamble.Any help.with links would be amazing or any leads ir part would be awesome. Ive never used forms or threads so this is all new as well.Ty for any help and reading my ramblings Ron...
Ps whats do you would know where to buy that wheel?I'm going to try and fix the bike and give it to a 26 year old with special needs. He wants to ride so bad this would make his life. I want to get it done before Christmas. I'm in Tennessee. Thanks again gor any help links or leads Fat Paulue.If I cant figure it out I'll post it for sale and build him a 1 off small bike.
My Email address is [email protected]

Attachments