BoyGoFast 415h chain, anybody bought one?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
so 410 and 510 are the same pitch and measurement between plates? in other words the same size? I will look around, but I'm not spending more than $10 shipped. if a kit supplied 410 chain can last me 2 years, then a kmc 410 chain should last at least as long.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I recently filed the teeth, the sprocket is warped though. A member here sent me a spare, but for some reason its not lining up with the chain properly, so I have to go back to the original until I can afford another. I dont often get to spend a lot of money on my bike, since I dont have a job. Why do you think I plan to make a sprocket mount out of fiberglass? cant afford a real sprocket adapter. may not even be able to afford fiberglass materials this month, so im gonna be stuck using the crappy old warped sprocket and plain old rag joint. I do have two brand new rags that another member gave me, and im getting some nylon lock nuts, but that might be it for this month. Im trying to get by on an almost non-existent budget. Im lucky the bike even runs when it does, which its not atm.

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
I've been using 415H chain, and I like it, but I found that it needed to be modified by grinding one side a little. I found that if I didn't do that, the chain would ride up high on the small drive sprocket. It prevented the chain rollers from fully nesting in the sprocket recesses.

-Fred

laff

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I've been using 415H chain, and I like it, but I found that it needed to be modified by grinding one side a little. I found that if I didn't do that, the chain would ride up high on the small drive sprocket. It prevented the chain rollers from fully nesting in the sprocket recesses.

-Fred

laff
My does the same thing. And I'am still running it like that. I have another kind of chain tension, but haven't put it on yet. With a better wheel. Thanks for the good tip.

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
I bought my 415 chain from www.treatland.tv, I use it on my 11hp H2o Morini and my modified China 2 stroke race bikes. no problems

you can buy them black, chrome, and pimpass gold some colors are 128 link
Hey Magrider,
Nice looking bike on your avitar! I checked out treatland; pretty cool stuff they have for those mopeds! Thanks for the tip! I'm thinking about making offset drive sprockets that will allow the use of 420 chain. The offset would allow using wider rear tires as well. But, I've got a lot of projects, and I can't do them all at the same time!

-Fred

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

-Fred

laff
I can put as big ''wide'' of a rear tire as I want on my machine and the KMC 415 has always worked perfect. No modifications of any kind.:)

Hey Magrider,
Nice looking bike on your avitar! I checked out treatland; pretty cool stuff they have for those mopeds! Thanks for the tip! I'm thinking about making offset drive sprockets that will allow the use of 420 chain. The offset would allow using wider rear tires as well. But, I've got a lot of projects, and I can't do them all at the same time!

-Fred
420 is a way wider chain than that of 415.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
its a good thing you mentioned that fred, because I dont have a grinder to modify the chain. I was gonna go with 410h instead anyway, but now I definitely know that I cant use 415 without grinding it, and with my luck, grinding it would mess it up anyway lol. 410 is what I have been using, and its worked for me till now, so I think I will stick with it.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
its a good thing you mentioned that fred, because I dont have a grinder to modify the chain. I was gonna go with 410h instead anyway, but now I definitely know that I cant use 415 without grinding it, and with my luck, grinding it would mess it up anyway lol. 410 is what I have been using, and its worked for me till now, so I think I will stick with it.
Best of all for you.. you can get plain ol generic 410 chain at Walmart for real cheep. Since that is what you say you have been using...that would be the cheapest place for you to find it..as it would cost much less than ordering it on the net.

2 years with the same chain? Your sprocket prolly looks like crap.
I would think that cog is shark toothed by now ?? Unless he did not ride much or too far? The thinner engine cog for that type chain on a H.T. china motor that they do make would wear quickly from my own experience with a H.T. and their thinner model cog too.

its a good thing
http://thatsdax.com/sitebuilder/images/MVC-001L22-399x235.jpg

http://thatsdax.com/ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_2.html

The H.T. motor is ready made for 410 or 415 chain. It is a casual thing to run one or the other. .:)
Many members use the 41 chain and it is considerably wider than the 415 it works great on the H.T.

http://motorbicycling.com/archive/index.php/t-40145.html
Some kits came with a slightly thinner engine cog. While some other kits come with a ticker one that will not except a BMX chain.

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I just ordered 114L of kmc Z410H-NP on Amazon for $7 and change plus 4 something for shipping. Not a bad price, probably less than what my local bike shop charges and certainly less than tractor supply charges. Yes, I know I can get cheap 410 chain at walmart, but it aint heavy duty and it aint kmc.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I just ordered 114L of kmc Z410H-NP on Amazon for $7 and change plus 4 something for shipping. Not a bad price, probably less than what my local bike shop charges and certainly less than tractor supply charges. Yes, I know I can get cheap 410 chain at walmart, but it aint heavy duty and it aint kmc.
That sounds awesome and the important thing is you stuck to yur plan of almost got it for free !! :protfl

How does the sprocket look? It will be great to get another chain out of it.

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Hey Magrider,

-Fred
thanks machineman, the build is in the 'ratrod' section '1st build orange county'
again, i love my 415 chains

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
STAY AWAY FROM BOY GO FAST . He sell junk, He sent me a motor that was beyond junk he sold it as new but was used .
I emailed him through eBay with no response, just ignored me, I finally had to file a clam against him , even then he did his best to get me to cancel the case telling me if you would just drop the case I will send you a new motor, He could not tell me why he would not help me unless I dropped the case.
I'm happy to say eBay got 100% of my money back.
boygofast is a rip off do not let him do it to you, he has little to no customer service and sells junk.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
i love my 415 chains
The 415 chain's have all been perfect for me. Can't imagine for myself going any lighter than that. My KMC 415 H.D.'s have just been bullet proof. The tracking on the sprockets and everything have been flawless for what I do..

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'm a big guy(fat) and I went with a box of generic 420 roller chain from my local hardware store. Got enough for two bikes for approx. 28 bucks, and the quality is light-years better. Nice and quiet, very little stretch. The only issue I had was a bit of noise at first from the chain rubbing inside clutch arm cover. Once it made clearance, It's been all good since. I looked at the wear inside when I greased the pin and it was very minor. Best quality chain I found. WAY stronger than stock.