New Build with HF 2.5

GoldenMotor.com

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I went by Dirt Cheap today and bought a new HF 2.5 hp engine today. Brought it home, put in oil and gas and it cranked up and ran fine. I guess I will have to build a new bike for it. This one will be a LWB recumbent made from two Trek mountain bikes. I just don't like diamond frame bikes, too uncomfortable. I will have to build a frame so it will be a while before I get it going. Will post pics and updates as it happens. That is the cheapest I have seen a 2.5 yet, no warrenty though. They have another one that is locked up. I will wait for the price to drop on it. If it don't sell they will cut the price in half. It will be worth that just for parts.

twowheeledfox

Oct 21, 2009
Houston TX
Just curious, would it be possible to mount an HF engine with some sort of prebuilt adapter, or do you need to custom-make every mount for them?

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Check the other HF 2,5 threads, I think some of them are on ready made mounts. All you nee for a mount is a flat surface about 4" by 9" to drill 4 bolt holes in. I have never used a kit or any ready made parts as my builds are kinda off the wall. Sorry I couldn't be more help.