I Need Some Inspiration for my Frankenbike

GoldenMotor.com

BooneHomes

Mar 26, 2010
wilmington nc
i do not have much cash to spend on a kit and would like to use a weedeater or chain saw motor (or whatever)

please let me know of any suggestions or things not to do.

some pics would be cool to

thanks all and HAPPY EASTER

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Read the other posts on this site on DIY bikes. Then you will know more and can ask more specific questions that members will be glad to answer.
I get inspiration from custom motorcycle sites.
I study pics of bobbers and cafe racers.

canadian_cheapscate

Apr 4, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
yea man grab some angle iron bolt it together and make sure nothing is bending.Use common sense and band aids. Figure out where the stress is running and reinforce.I am only a month into building these so I am learning so much everyday.

motor_head

Dec 18, 2008
iowa
depends on what you like, i don't like friction drives and would never build one but that's me, it all depends on what you want, figure out what you want to build and we'll help you out with any problems

canadian_cheapscate

Apr 4, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I heard frankenbike and all I thought was friction drive.I really do not know my way around enough to be messing with other things so I aint no teacher ,more like an eager student who thinks he knows everything.haha.I can help as much as I can but I'll be learning alot as well. Oh yea Frankenbike was the name of my 70's dual sus BMX that I slapped the weedwhacker engine on hehe.

BooneHomes

Mar 26, 2010
wilmington nc
here is a pic of my frame...i'm still not sure what kind of motor i'm going to use...but i would like to keep the fenders and chain guard if possible.

Last edited: