A Dark Horse

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Especially when found in the desert, probably stolen and ditched, I soaked the crank in some oxolic acid ( wood Bleach ) and everything came back to just like new, I gave the rest of the bike to a friend I owed a favor to and he got all mushy on me.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are the other pic's of powder coating the wheels are black we wanted a little different look with out getting too far out there, figured the horse needed a few things installed just to see what it would look like, so far I Like It!

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Now we got to find a spot to list this baby, Ebay is ok but we want to get it sold quicker, any recommendations as to where ?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The springs you see on the saddles of board track racers were the street version, for the guy who wanted a lets say café styled street bike that resembled the boardies back in the day but for the board racers the springs were absolutely useless and deleted to conserve that precious weight as well as delete an unstable stable ride given by the springs, they did give some side to side motion which at a high speed would cause some wobble to the bike not good for high banks or quick maneuvers on the track but good for the rough roads and streets back then.

Most often the style of the un-sprung saddle was referred to as a Cavalry style saddle because of the flaps on the side that resemble a saddle for a horse there were all sorts of brands but for the boards a Messinger was preferred because they were lightly paddle with horse hair like the Cavalry saddle and believe it or not an open slot in the middle of the saddle was for the relief of pressure on the pelvic bone and prostate, it was realized that the flaps also partially helped relieve splinter accumulation to the inner thigh that was kicked up by the rear tire (rear fenders helped too LOL!) the long nose gave some what some padding for the abdomen but not much! hence the padding or pillow strapped to the tank.

You can also go to your search engine and look up 1920 board track racers then click images and find some street versions of a BTR's with springed saddles and other creature comforts of a street bike cleverly designed into the BTR look alike bikes or the first Cafe bikes.
Couple of pic's I found this afternoon I thought I'd edit back into this thread 1920 Indian Street version of BTR and a teens Indian with older Hair Pin style springed saddle

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Chain Maker.................

I bought my BTR handle Bar clamps from Staton, milled down one side of each (4 in total)then had my GOOD BUDDY!! Dan owner of Taylar Motor Bikes weld them together, the 7/8" clamps are not expensive to purchase nor are they hard to fabricate with minimal welding skills, I know of two vendors that sell them already fabricated but one of them sells at a very HIGH! cost.

I wouldn't recommend paying that high cost when you can do it for less or have them done at a local welders for about $10.oo/$15.oo If you have the kills then to do it yourself and you've saved a lot of $$$ already

Here is the link size needed is either 7/8"-3/4" ID depending on the OD of the handle bars you intend on using ?

http://www.staton-inc.com/store/ind...t+collar+7/8"+ID+double+split+steel&x=79&y=16

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
When I started this post of the Dark Horse a 1911 Indian Board Track Racer Tribute it was never Mine or Dan's intention of posting this build for a promotional or potential sale either on this forum or by any means through this forum, Taylar Motor Bikes has never listed a build for sale on or through this forum (Take No Offense to That statement as Nothing! is being negatively implied against or about this forum) and neither does Taylar Motor Bikes list through any other forum or motorized bicycle site, Taylar Motor Bikes has it's own web site and business is generated through that site and or through referrals from Dan's other customers .

I simply asked for some advice from other members as to where to list this build other than EBay or Craigslist, we didn't want a lingering and or lengthy listing along side one of those stock, dolled up, fauxed up patina bikes that we've all been seeing, Taylar Motor Bikes are Custom built by particular requests and requirements, this bike was not pre ordered and therefore doesn't have a pre-destined home it was just a build Dan I had a lot of parts for and wanted to do now that is done the question was asked "Where to List for best results ?" not stated "For Sale through this forum"

This bike was built by Dan and Myself at two different locations and as everyone who is a member of this forum does, we posted and shared the adventure of this build with everyone who shares an interest in this kind of Vintage Styled Tribute build and or even the Fabrication of a Quality M/B under it's proper build category.

It is my opinion that weather a bike is or is not for sale during the BUILD is unimportant, it is the BUILD that is being posted as well as shared with others and the issue of sale should not determine where the BUILD is posted as long as it is in the category under the style of that particular build and IF ? the builder decides to sell it either on or through this forum when the build is finished then the bike should be moved to another section such as Swap and Shop but others do not share that thought or opinion as is obviously evident by the move of this thread.

The Dark Horse ended up here on the Swap and Shop section because another forum member accused me of breaking the rules set forth by this forum as well as suggesting that I was also cleverly and underhandedly trying to advertise a product for sale on a no sales build category, not the case if you read post # 33

I do not dispute the move of this build thread to the Swap and Shop category but rather the motives behind another member to persuade moderators to move it.

When I became a member of this forum I did not sign up to engage in petty arguments, disputes, create or cause dissention amongst others or with others or vent on anyone for what ever reason (even if what that person did say something really stupid), So to all readers... PLEASE! KEEP TRUCKD OUT OF THE BS! I'll say it again so nothing is misinterpreted added into or deleted from my request
PLEASE! KEEP TRUCKD OUT OF THE BS!! If I am wrong about something KINDLY! correct me, then properly provide the information in a dignified manner don't freaking blast me with stupid attitudes and degrading language or belittling comments either openly on this forum or through private messages, if you don't like what I build or who I hang with keep it to yourself this forum is not the place the spread stupidity and grief this forum is where someone goes to collect intelligence and share they're interest's and just a little advice to who ever you might be? Don't be that one A**hole in the crowd who just Has to Bash.
That's all I gotta say bout dat

Oh! But Now that we are here, if anyone is interested in a Taylar Indian or other brand vintage tribute bike here is Dan's Ph# and e-mail add: below
(661) 341-0192
[email protected]

Last edited:

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
if I said anything wrong I did not mean to I was just wondering what a build like that would or could be sold for I never took it as you were trying to sell it here. to tell the truth I dont even know what section I found this build in was just enjoying seeing how you built everything lol

Status
Not open for further replies.