lets get to the FACTS about which to build

GoldenMotor.com

Dooley863

Apr 17, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
"the EZM qmatic is pricey and soon to be replaced by the 2matic. most of the transmissions say new model 2009/2010 . well thats 2 yrs old already. does anyone know of whats coming out in 2012."

the 2matic is a 2 speed centrifugal clutch. it will be available as an upgrade option for a fraction of the cost of the entire transfer case. if you already own the qmatic, your set. but its not something to hold out waiting for.

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
I think BikeBerry has those. I bought and then returned a kit like that from them because they told me it was a T-belt drive. I finally got a kit with the 4G trans and I am VERY happy with it.

T-belts are used in Harley Davidson drives, so the technology is proven. I greased the freewheel thoroughly when I got it as I had read about them fragging. The 4G system is very quiet except for the clutch bell ringing a bit. For my money, I think the 4G is the way to go.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
if you werent so hung up on the honda motor I would say get a 99cc predator for $100 bucks. then you can use either the qmatic or the agk jackshaft available at www.affordablegokarts.com just go on the site and search predator and in the parts list that comes up you will see jackshaft assembly. at less than half the cost of the qmatic, its what i am going with when I do my predator install. but the qmatic is a good option as well.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
if you werent so hung up on the honda motor I would say get a 99cc predator for $100 bucks. then you can use either the qmatic or the agk jackshaft available at www.affordablegokarts.com just go on the site and search predator and in the parts list that comes up you will see jackshaft assembly. at less than half the cost of the qmatic, its what i am going with when I do my predator install. but the qmatic is a good option as well.

just the Qmatic trans is around $250

jack shaft $135
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...e_Code=A&Product_Code=2600&Category_Code=99cc

cover for jackshft kit $45
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...ode=A&Product_Code=AGKPCG*&Category_Code=99cc

Clutch to use with kit $39
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...e_Code=A&Product_Code=2400&Category_Code=99cc
total $219

a real Comet cvt $199 not a made in china copy
http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gom...qtav30/gominiclutchtorqtav30kits/218353a.html

china copy of comet CVT $129
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Go-Kart-Car...21041?pt=Go_Karts&vxp=mtr&hash=item19d002b631

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Yank,

Your not including the cost of materials, nevermind the know how, for jackshafts to get proper chain alignment with the torque conveters....lol....of course all of this is advanced stuff compared to the common 2 smoke kit

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
im not buying a cover, at least not right away, maybe down the road. the tranny is 135 and the clutch i am getting is 49. with shipping it comes to 198. but the tranny itself is 135. I am friends with an ezm. dealer and he said he would sell me the qmatic with a motor mount for 300. i am getting a motor mount on ebay instead. if i bought the qmatic, even with the motor mount included, the total cost of a preddy install would be over 400. buying the agk tranny with the clutch and motor mount separate, and adding the cost of the engine itself, total cost is less than $350.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yank,

Your not including the cost of materials, nevermind the know how, for jackshafts to get proper chain alignment with the torque conveters....lol....of course all of this is advanced stuff compared to the common 2 smoke kit
considering the fact that the agk jackshaft is designed for use with the clutch they sell which i am buying, chain alignment shouldnt be much of an issue. not to mention the fact that my buddy who is an ezm dealer also has a predator bike and is willing to help me with my install. so dont be such a negative nelly. it can be done and i will get it done.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Jowens

very true and some of us prefer not to do kit builds or modify the parts in a kit to fit what we want and be proud of building what we have invisioned it to be.

Dare to be Differnt

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Without a cover I think you are going to end up with a nice black stripe up the back of your leg from the chain grease. That's not something I'd want to deal with. I've personally used a chain drive and in my opinion they are noisey, messy and unreliable. For a little more you can get a Q-matic which is quiet, clean and reliable with a proven track record. There's really no comparison.

im not buying a cover, at least not right away, maybe down the road. the tranny is 135 and the clutch i am getting is 49. with shipping it comes to 198. but the tranny itself is 135. I am friends with an ezm. dealer and he said he would sell me the qmatic with a motor mount for 300. i am getting a motor mount on ebay instead. if i bought the qmatic, even with the motor mount included, the total cost of a preddy install would be over 400. buying the agk tranny with the clutch and motor mount separate, and adding the cost of the engine itself, total cost is less than $350.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Or better yet.....not running a cover or guard on just about any open faced tranny of all descriptions can get you instant lock-up of your engine which can have injurious results. You catch a pant leg in that drive train and you have instant lock-up.

You best run covers or guards on these units or you will pay the price......this is a warning from experience!

dnut

Dooley863

Apr 17, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
i think motor bike fanatic meant CLOVER engine kit... http://www.enginesonlineshop.com/Cl...ycle-Engine-Kit-DUAL-CHAIN-GEARBOX-v2012.html
Since there are so many ezm dealers on this thread, ill just put the offer out there. My buddy and i are in the market for 2 kits in the next couple months... we are in Lakeland FL. any EZM dealers with competitive quotes? we have both decided to go with the clover kit then upgrade to the Q/2matic when its affordable for us... unless one of you happen to have a kit for sale for under 600... or any dealers out of state, shipping costs are acceptable, but the unit price has to come down. cause i just cant justify double the cost for EZM. there is no doubt ezm qmatic transfer case is the best. but its unreasonably expensive for the kit. can we put the tranny on the clover engine? i think the mount is a standard size....thats the ultimate plan, unless we can find a deal somewhere.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
i think motor bike fanatic meant CLOVER engine kit... http://www.enginesonlineshop.com/Cl...ycle-Engine-Kit-DUAL-CHAIN-GEARBOX-v2012.html
Since there are so many ezm dealers on this thread, ill just put the offer out there. My buddy and i are in the market for 2 kits in the next couple months... we are in Lakeland FL. any EZM dealers with competitive quotes? we have both decided to go with the clover kit then upgrade to the Q/2matic when its affordable for us... unless one of you happen to have a kit for sale for under 600... or any dealers out of state, shipping costs are acceptable, but the unit price has to come down. cause i just cant justify double the cost for EZM. there is no doubt ezm qmatic transfer case is the best. but its unreasonably expensive for the kit. can we put the tranny on the clover engine? i think the mount is a standard size....thats the ultimate plan, unless we can find a deal somewhere.

4-5 horsepower out of 2 horse motor and a double chain hoot trans

talk about misrepresent what you sell

Dooley863

Apr 17, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Do you know the release month
i afraid i cannot be sure about when the 2matic will be released. the technology isnt new, they have 4 speed clutch for dirtbikes and stuff.. i imagine the problem is keeping it all street legal.

on your website, i wish you offered something other than the friction drive kit...

Last edited:

Dooley863

Apr 17, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
4-5 horsepower out of 2 horse motor and a double chain hoot trans

talk about misrepresent what you sell
any more thoughts on the dual chain driven hoot? ive not had a chance to ride it, sure its a bit louder, and a bit of maintenance. but for half the price.... its obviously not gonna push 5 hp... none of these will... any real info from someone whos owned this?

the engine itself also seems wider as it requires the use of an extended crank. but thats not a big deal with our balloon cruiser frames. we could buy the entire clover kit and the qmatic for the same cost of the stock EZM kit. somebody talk me out of this. or into it. anyone actually rode this chain hoot?

heres a youtube video of a guy doing precisely that, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoj6_VFwnU switching a hoot gear box for the qmatic... on the HS 49cc engine. ill just get the inferior kit for 300, and get the qmatic later as an upgrade. im just too anxious to get it going.

Last edited:

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
i afraid i cannot be sure about when the 2matic will be released. the technology isnt new, they have 4 speed clutch for dirtbikes and stuff.. i imagine the problem is keeping it all street legal.

on your website, i wish you offered something other than the friction drive kit...
in 1968 there was a minibike with a 2speed clutch RUPP made it

hoot is great if you want a nice paperweight