A Wiki for managing all the knowledge

GoldenMotor.com

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Didn't understand a word you said. You mind using everyday language here-we know you know a bunch of fancy words and are not impressed so you might just want to start over down here on our level!!! Walter F.

rwk

Mar 15, 2009
Malden Mass
Well anyhow, I guess I'll start adding things to wikipedia as I gather info. I'll try to give credit where credit is due. But I've got a lot of other projects ahead of me with higher priority, so it will take a while. When I've done significant work on wikipedia, I'll post here so some of the experts can check my work. Of course, they can modify it there as well, no need for me to make those changes if they wanna wiki.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Was going to ask you RWk, there's not a lot of info on 4 smokers. I mean it is out there but not in droves like it is for China girls. Some day in the future I would like to compile what I have found for easy reference and sharing. Dunno.

But your doing a good thing. Keep up the hard work.

Andrew Carnegie
Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Well anyhow, I guess I'll start adding things to wikipedia as I gather info. I'll try to give credit where credit is due. But I've got a lot of other projects ahead of me with higher priority, so it will take a while. When I've done significant work on wikipedia, I'll post here so some of the experts can check my work. Of course, they can modify it there as well, no need for me to make those changes if they wanna wiki.
Have you posted anything yet, on wikipedia? Motorized Bicycles as a search get you to electric bikes and not much else.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Chomp. :D

There is a forum for Honda scooters that I used to be a member of years ago. It had a HUGE wiki. It is all technical in nature.
There are no discussions or questions allowed in the wiki, only factual information as verified by the powers that be there.
Years, models, parts cross references, maintenance and hop up information. Electrical repair and upgrades. Engine rebuilding and hybridizing of different models.
Parts and supplies vendor listings of who sells what.
You get the idea.
Apparently it took years to "complete" and it was still ongoing the last time I was there.
Such an endeavor should not be taken lightly. The gentleman who started it and nurtured it to fruition described it as practically a 2nd full time job.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Chomp. :D

There is a forum for Honda scooters that I used to be a member of years ago. It had a HUGE wiki. It is all technical in nature.
There are no discussions or questions allowed in the wiki, only factual information as verified by the powers that be there.
Years, models, parts cross references, maintenance and hop up information. Electrical repair and upgrades. Engine rebuilding and hybridizing of different models.
Parts and supplies vendor listings of who sells what.
You get the idea.
Apparently it took years to "complete" and it was still ongoing the last time I was there.
Such an endeavor should not be taken lightly. The gentleman who started it and nurtured it to fruition described it as practically a 2nd full time job.
Honda Scooters? Does that include the CM70? Do you have a link for me?

Tom

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Trust that i understand the endeavor may be giant, but i thinl this is an evolving hobby/lifestyle and this would be growing up...

Check mopedarmys wiki...

Its insane the amount of info therein

Just thinl there could be a way to make this possible

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I have looked at this thread and though I ought to ask if I have missed where on Search Thread (Advanced), can you use a must include phrase or at least all words?

Searching with a phrase when necessary to have two or more words to describe properly is really a necessity I think. I mean if searching for "All Metal Locking Nuts" retrieves a thread about baking since pans are made of metal, that search essentially failed.

I must not have seen where you can phrase search threads using advance feature?

As a work around til I find out how, I use another search engine like Google and use the phrase with a prefix word in the phrase motorbicycling to get on motorbicycling.com threads listed from a Google search.

MT

Last edited:

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I do constantly use advanced search and the main bar...

A wiki is in order...my suggestion only

I literally spent 13 hours reading through nonsense trying to gleam the stock nt jet size...i read more bs than anything else...

Wiki wiki mo wiki...

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I am all for a wiki, and I am willing to contribute. However there needs to be a moderator to weed out the inevitable BS that goes along with one. Perhaps an anti-BS research team?
Lord knows I have accidentally mislead some folks here and I do regret every incident.
At least they were all relatively minor.
Nobody is perfect...
A quality wiki really needs very accurate information to avoid potentially expensive misdirection.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The difficulty I see with this suggestion is the sheer diversity of both interest & application, aside from the very basics regarding specifically the in-frame kits (of which we've stickies for) there's simply so many possibilities, so may different ways to do essentially the same thing that you've very likely end up with exactly what we've already got - a large forum for the discussion of motorized bicycles.

Trust me when I say no any one moderator could "weed out the inevitable BS" and stand unchallenged lol, nor is such humanly possible - no one knows everything & if they think they do, they've stopped learning and have been surpassed.

If you've a question unanswered by the search, ask it here and you'll likely get not the one answer from a static, outdated yet never completed "wiki" but rather many answers, a wealth of experience offered by a plethora of real, live people whom share an interest with you, the pros & cons and alternate suggestions all discussed for you to decide which is best.

An example? Try asking which spark plug is "right" or even better, which oil/ratio ;)