Wyatt's Moon Dog Project.

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
WOW! KOOOOOOOOOL. I see you use your clamp bending tool a lot, LOL. Good brake choice, looking really good as always with your builds.........Curt

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Moped brakes, custom bracketry, powder coated frame, wow!
That is going to be one fine machine. You're lucky, Wyatt. When I was a kid we played with junked, clapped out Cushmans and spent more time working than we ever did riding.
Remember that oil and listen to your dad about riding.. Keep an eye in the mirror, never let cars sneak up behind you.
Stay off streets without aprons along the curb. Curbs wreck motorbikes.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Here's my last engine kit in another Kulana bike. It's a 24'' Makamaka cruiser. The engine has an automatic clutch and pull start that works great after replacing the rope with quality stuff. The goose neck was rusted so bad, I had to cut it off and the only replacement forks I had were 26''. But it worked out fine and accepted a moped drum. No exposed wires and my custom clamps. Currently listed on CL. I call the bike "Son Of Moondog".

Had to lower the price to $395 in order to sell it. Later that day I checked with the new owner and he couldn't be happier. Hasn't been off of it since he took it home.

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Finally got Wyatt off his bike long enough to take a couple of photos of the finished product. I don't know how many miles he's put on it but it's his freedom machine. Sure beats walking.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
The Moondog was down for a while until they got some better clutch pads and a crank key. It's back up and running. Wyatt's put some miles on it for sure. He's got friends to ride with, but he has the best bike.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Looks great ..color is cool. Where did u get fenders with curved braces? Or did you bend them yourself...thanks

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks Moto. I didn't bend them. I don't know what bike they came from. I think they came out of a storage space I bought a few years ago. They came on some early Roadmaster bikes. You can buy thin wall stainless tubing from McMaster Carr and arc it pretty easily, then flatten the ends for the mounting holes.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Ya I wasn't sure if they were new or vintage. I was hoping they started making a fender with curved braces again. Thanks

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I wouldn't waste anything vintage on a Moondog. I mean, it's a nice bike, but I have vintage bikes that need my vintage parts. I have a few Roadmaster peaked fenders with curved struts, and they look sweet on the correct frame, because the frame tubes are curves also and when installed, it gives a pinwheel effect. Then add a rear rack that also has curved supports and it's really cool.

Last edited: