I took a couple of weeks off working on the Whizzer to get caught up on other projects.
I got the new sediment bowl gas filter installed as well as a new Schwinn front brake lever I found on ebay.
Ray pointed out this H motor has a J Cylinder, so I exchanged the Tillotson carburetor for a larger Carter to accommodate the larger ports and valves. Now I need to find the proper air filter as my homemade one only fits Tillotsons.
Couldn't make it run consistently and suspected the coil. Upon removing the old coil I saw my splice on the plug lead looked a little shaky. Sure enough the strands broke and were only giving me spark when it felt like it. after a good repair it started right up and ran great. I've been riding around the neighborhood for a few days and really enjoying it.
If everything works out with the weather, I'll ride it to Donut Derelicts Saturday. They say it may rain. I'm sure my customer is looking forward to getting it back in running condition.