Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Painting - The Chop Shop

Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Painting - The Chop Shop Custom fabrication and projects, tanks, frames and more.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:49 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Safer Plastic Fenders For Motorized Bikes/instructions

Ultralight, Yep the fenders themselves are strong. just make a bracket and attach to the seat stay. That seat post clamp is junk and with all the leverage its too floppy. Its why I will make a full rear fender out of two for the rear also when the parts come in. I will make the two pieces way shorter,then Pop rivet them together and connect with a strong L bracket like i did with the front.
Feather light full front and rear fenders with very little work and money.
I have only 12.00 bucks into my front and rear full lightweight fenders.
- sbest there is no hope for your fenders, LOL... Fast bikes and gravel roads and trails and indestructible fenders are really needed. I bet you will come up with something cool.
I guess they need to be a bit shorter. You could get the type above as they are curved with strong sides that wont bend. Anyhow I would trade fenders problems any day and live in Nova Scotia. Rugged and beautiful, lots of wildlife, forests, water and ocean everywhere... I bet, great people too. On my list to visit someday soon.
zip-

Last edited by ZipTie; 02-21-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:44 AM

I just added Plastic fenders to my Blue Bike also, as I like the looks and function of these plastic fenders.

While I have a big always on Tail light on my bikes I thought I would try one of these small cable brake lights that come on as the handle is squeezed. You can get them for only 1.39 each shipped off of ebay so I thought what the heck. I was pleasantly surprised how well it works and how bright that one Laser bright LED is.

It installed in a few seconds. So I just bought 6 more to add to all my bikes. Just another small layer of safety. Plus when I am out riding with others it lets em know when I am braking. Plus It will keep you legal in some states that require a working, functioning brake light.
here is the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152399713100...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue Bike Fenders IMG_6451.JPG (188.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Bike Fenders IMG_6452.JPG (174.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Brake light IMG_6458.JPG (152.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by ZipTie; 03-07-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:54 AM

i put some SKS Velo 65's (full length) on one of my 29ers, had them on for about a year. no problems at all so far. they were inexpensive, work well, and look good. a winning combination for sure. i reinforced both, just in case.

i very much like your bike, BTW...
Old 03-07-2017, 12:20 PM

Thanks Leo, Those Velos look nice, I looked them up.
One of the Keys to safety with my my fender system, is that each whole fender is actually still in 2 pieces each with their own strong L bracket so there is less chance of a ski situation where then entire fender rotates and gets under the tire. Should mine fail the Fender halves are are very short.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A full shot of Bike with Plastic Fenders.JPG (178.4 KB, 6 views)