can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

GoldenMotor.com

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
A quick test would be to, take out plug, Plug it back into boot, lay it on engine head for ground, give it a kick and check for spark. If the plug is grounded good you will get spark, unless the COIL is bad. PLEASE FOLKS, get the guy started in the right direction by intsructing on the proper use of names for parts. a coil is not a magneto. The MAGNETO is the oblong spinning MAGnet inside of the COIL.
fatdaddy.usflg
Yes, let's do get our terminology correct.
The coil is not part of the magneto, nor is it in the engine. The coil is the component that has the spark plug wire coming out of it. Usually it is a separate part, but the coil in these engine kits is built into the CDI housing (the black box that mounts to the frame of the bike).
Under the timing cover of the engine is a spinning magnet that is attached to the end of the crankshaft. That spinning magnet is called the rotor. Surrounding the rotor is a U-shaped piece of steel with a spool of wire on it. That part is the stator. The spool of wire is the stator winding (not the coil; calling it a coil confuses the issue). The rotor/stator/winding combination is the magneto.
zpt

Reactions: kaneto

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
the zl rod is a 38MM rod
Type A = 15/16" Bottom of piston to center of connecting rod. Used on 38mm rods. Also on specialized ZAE 50 rods 38mm stroke - If you have this rod and crank, double check

Type B = 1 1/16" Bottom of piston to center of connecting rod. Used on 40mm rods.

-------------------------------------------

Z-L Rod = 38mm / Type A Piston - PK Type (Non-Caged)

CY Rod = 38mm / Type A Piston - PK Type

FM80 Rod = 40mm / Type B Piston - GT5 Type

ZAE 50 Rod = 38mm / Type A Specialized crank setup.= 38mm / Type B Piston - PK Type

ZAF 60 Rod =

ZAF80 Rod = 40mm / Type B Piston - GT5 Type

No Mark Rod = 40mm / Type B Piston - PK Type (Caged)

ZAF 50, ZAF 60, and ZAF 80. The higher the number, the longer, and therefore heavier. You can run a pk piston in a gt5 as long as the con rod has z-l on it or zaf 50 not the zaf 60 though and yes the jugs are different the biggest visual difference is the gt5 usually has a tapered transfer port window.

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
Your answer is appreciated. You got that information from the" technically speaking "Page by Ozark. This is the article that originally got me second-guessing what I thought I already knew. I watched the video that Fred from CR machine did on engine configuration and he's rather certain that the zl Rod is a 40 millimeter stroke.

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
Terminology again. 38mm or 40mm is not the rod length. It is the piston stroke, which is an entirely different thing.
Sorry, but come on, guys!

I do get what you're saying, DRBS, and it's great information.

PJVolk

Sep 12, 2016
Portland,Or
Need help with mounting new/different motor on Stretched frame

I am trying to figure out how I am going to put a motor on my current stretched cruiser bike. It does not have V type frame. Its completely open in the middle. gas tank built into frame .reason . I would say the middle section of the frame is shaped like a bathtub. Anyone have any ideas. Im new to this stuff. I bought the bike from a guy that built them in his garage. It currently has a friction drive on it that engages under my seat where it hits the tire. Im not sure If I could mount a rear wheel friction drive over the back tire. I would prefer to change it all together and put a chain drive motor on it. Please help if you have the answer

Attachments

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
Pretty sweet bike. It will be a lot of work but you need the right mounts, short chain on right side long one in the left. Look up the occ choppers and other stretched chopper builds.

manuel310

Oct 1, 2016
sun valley
I just assembled my 80cc motor bike it stays in freewheeling all the time and there's no spark with the sparkplug it looks wired correctly black to black blue to blue ...please help

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
Make sure the ground (black wire) is grounded well. Screws are tight on magnito, the magnet is on the right way and the spark plug boot is also tight the magnet should be in the two o'clock posistion at tdc.

Ripdime32

Mar 2, 2017
Texas
I got a motorized bicycle get on Amazon and I have it on my bike already. Problem is I'm not getting any Spark. I bought a new HD lightning CDI and a new Magneto and spark plug. I tested the Magneto with an OHM meter and it tested good. The lightning HD CDI also tested good on the ohm meter. I've also tried disconnecting the Killswitch and trying to ground the spark plug on the head while engaging the engine with the clutch out. I'm not getting spark at all. I also removed the magnet and made sure that the slot and it is facing at the 1 o'clock position. Anything that I might have forgotten to do I would really like to get my motorized bike running as it hasn't even started once. Any help is appreciated thank you.

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
This may sound silly but make sure your wires from the magneto and the wires from the coil are connected to the correct sides of the cdi. Also make sure all connection are solid. The other thing I have found at rndom times is, make sure the magnito is grounded to the engien. (No glue or plastic coating that sometimes they come with stopping a true connection.)

colonelkrs

Jan 10, 2013
Oakland CA
I just bought a new motor for my stretch cruiser. It lasted a week. Went far to see afriend and before I got there my name stay went neutral. Upon checking I saw that the nut that holds the sprocket for the motor side chain was off. I tightened it back and it worked for half a block. Now I keep getting worse results. I think the cam may bestripped or something but the nut goesback on so I'm not sure if that's theproblem. And I have no clue how to make it work. Please help.

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
I just bought a new motor for my stretch cruiser. It lasted a week. Went far to see afriend and before I got there my name stay went neutral. Upon checking I saw that the nut that holds the sprocket for the motor side chain was off. I tightened it back and it worked for half a block. Now I keep getting worse results. I think the cam may bestripped or something but the nut goesback on so I'm not sure if that's theproblem. And I have no clue how to make it work. Please help.
One thing to keep in mind is these little motors are assembled in dirt floor factories so it sounds like your motor maybe was lacking the "wooddrift"key that keeps that sprocket from slipping, you can get that key at ACE or any hardware store,GOOD LUCK

Reactions: colonelkrs

colonelkrs

Jan 10, 2013
Oakland CA
One thing to keep in mind is these little motors are assembled in dirt floor factories so it sounds like your motor maybe was lacking the "wooddrift"key that keeps that sprocket from slipping, you can get that key at ACE or any hardware store,GOOD LUCK
Thanks it was the woodruff key. Had to change out the whole shaft bc the threads were stripped on the sprocket side.

Rick73

Jan 25, 2018
Illinois
I have a 2 stroke on my cruiser bike it's my 1st build. I am still in the break in period as I'm still not threw 2 gallons yet. when I'm on the throttle my engine sounds like a steam engine. a tea kettle going of kinda sound. it's a repeat sound chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga it's got power I got a 28tooth sprocket and I pick up speed. now is that whistle kettle sound nornal?

Bo305

Dec 6, 2017
Australia
Thought I had my bike ready to go a while ago until I put on the chain, everything looks to be straight, but I took off the clutch cover and when I turn the back wheel it doesn't seem to turn the drive gear around the clutch plate to turn the engine over, I moved the drive gear by hand to see what my range of motion was back and forth it would move probably a few mil either way but I couldn't get a rotation out of it, any tips for loosening the drive gear up to turn the bike over?

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
first, take out spark plug and see if it turns - if it does, then your clutch or cable needs an adjust - if it doesn't, then something is stuck ( most likely chain)

Nicholas Collins

Jul 10, 2018
I bought a motor bike and the only issue I’ve had is that the motor is HOTTT!! I burn my leg everytime I look back or turn my body. What can I put on the motor to prevent it from burning my leg on accident? I would rather not mount anything else to the bike. Would motorcycle exhaust wrap work? I don’t want to constrict or overheat anything.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Motor is hot or just the exhaust? Exhaust by all means wrap it, be much better all around if you did.............Curt