CRAZY!!! Check This Out . . .

GoldenMotor.com

BoDean_LP

Apr 25, 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
I found this crazy looking rat bike on CL. The owner said he'd had it in the back of a ratrod truck for two years, and it drew more attention than the truck itself. Just thought I'd share it with y'all.

I'll include pics for when the listing goes down . . .

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Love that old Hodaka tank!...I had a love/hate thing with a Combat Wombat when I was a teenager, and had a buddy with a Super Rat. Those bikes taught me a LOT about mechanical repairs.

BoDean_LP

Apr 25, 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Ugly or awesome, however you look at it, I don't think it's worth the $600 asking price. The bike is definitely not worth more than the sum of its parts, and its parts are only worth the $20 you might get for scrap. Maybe if you look at it as a work of art, but no, some guy put about $0 into it, and maybe a few hours of labor. It's totally unrideable as-is, and I doubt if the engine isn't locked up.

I think it's cool in its own right though.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Who like or does not like is one thing, but I was actually thinking does it run as the gas tank bottom is lower than the engine. Is there a fuel pump, or once in a while take off the gas cap and cup you hands around the filler neck, puff a few times and repeat as necessary every so often. The training wheels allow you to take both hands off the handle bars right?

MT

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Who like or does not like is one thing, but I was actually thinking does it run as the gas tank bottom is lower than the engine. Is there a fuel pump, or once in a while take off the gas cap and cup you hands around the filler neck, puff a few times and repeat as necessary every so often. The training wheels allow you to take both hands off the handle bars right?

MT
Yeah, But breathing in and out over a gas can (tank,) is illegal in most states.laff

BoDean_LP

Apr 25, 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
If it ever ran before, I doubt it does now. But you never know. It could turn over and fire right up. You'd definitely need some new tires. Probably need some new wheels too. I'd like to have that tank on my MB though.