pocket bike pipe on 80cc bicycle engine

GoldenMotor.com

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Well I contacted the seller and asked him 2 questions -
Will it bolt up to an 80cc bicycle engine and how long is expansion chamber?

His reponse is -
Its too small since its for a 49cc

Didn't really answer my question. I do know that a 49cc pipe and 80cc pipe are basicly the same as far as bicycle grubee type engines. I know this because I currently have a chrome exhaust I bought of ebay for a 49cc on my 80cc that's dax HT. I am unsure if pocket bike pipes however will work for my application. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Especially because this pipe I'm eyeing on ebay now is half the price as an arrow exhaust that looks exactly the same. (At least from what I can see from the pictures)

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I'm sure its not going to give me a bunch of performance as the expansion chamber isn't super big - I found a listing of the same pipe with measurements and here's the pictures. I'm really just interested in if it will/wont bolt up to the jug. The chamber looks to be about 9inches long which is as long as the stock muffler that came with my bgf kit. I'm thinking the chamber is about the same size as one of those speed demon pipes from bikeberry with a longer header pipe. I have no problem chopping the pipe at the header to lengthen / shorten the distance for tunning purposes. IMO this pipe looks way better than the speed demon pipe and also will mount up so it doesn't point strait down but over the top and to the rear which will deff give me the "cool" factor I'm looking for on my layed out cranny \m/

Attachments

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Why not just buy one from Sick made for the 80cc engine. In order for the pipe to work, it has to be designed for that specific engine. It may sound better, but you may hurt your engine performance if not the proper pipe.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I agree that the sbp pipe is the perfect choice. However the reason I'm looking at the ebay pipe is its half the cost and I'm not worried about performance. I'm not building a race bike. And I figure if it decreased performance I can always gut the whole thing like I have my last 2 pipes and just run it open, after all my current build is tuned to run an open pipe with no issues (such as a lean condition).

Even the speed demon pipe from bikeberry is $50 + shipping
The sbp pipe is $65 +shipping
The ebay pipe is $35 with free shipping

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I used one like that on The Pig. Sounds great and has a sweet spot right where I normally cruise. Not a big power boost though...

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I used one like that on The Pig. Sounds great and has a sweet spot right where I normally cruise. Not a big power boost though...
I am deffinatly buying this pipe now - got a few questions for you.
1- does the flange match
2 - did you have to rebend it to mount it like you did cuz I can't run it to the other side as my carb is in the way and I don't intent to change it.
3 - how restritive is it? I'm running an open pipe now and my cranny screams. But it is stoopid loud

I want it to be quieter but I am unable to go slow. I just can't stand it lol. Doesn't mean I have to go fast just not gonna be happy with 15 mph

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
get rid of your 44t sprocket to start off.... get a 40 and 15 will be your slowest engine assisted speed.... Pipes help more on higher geared bikes... dont have to wind them out...

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Oh I'm wayyyyyyyy ahead of you turbo. 40 tooth came with my kit. But when I got a new pipe before it killed my speed. Soooooooo restrictive. So I gutted the new pipe too and she screams again. Now I want to reroute exhaust over the top and the pipe I'm eyeing will do that for sure. But I was wondering if I'd have to gut that one too ;)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I am deffinatly buying this pipe now - got a few questions for you.
1- does the flange match
2 - did you have to rebend it to mount it like you did cuz I can't run it to the other side as my carb is in the way and I don't intent to change it.
3 - how restritive is it? I'm running an open pipe now and my cranny screams. But it is stoopid loud

I want it to be quieter but I am unable to go slow. I just can't stand it lol. Doesn't mean I have to go fast just not gonna be happy with 15 mph
The pipe I bought was from some pocketbike and was not made for these engines so I had to cut and weld the pipe to fit it. It was originally a down pipe and interfered with the pedals. I cut off the flange to turn it up over the engine as well as welding on a rear mount. My pipe has nothing inside the body, all silencing is done by the muffler. (Sounds great b.t.w. Like a mini-dirtbike) I used nothing but a cheap 100$ harbor freight stick welder and a 4" angle grinder to cut the pipe. I paid 10$ from the junk pile at a local scooter sales and repair shop.(He had a stainless version of the same pipe but wanted too much)
Here are some more pics.

Last edited: