Now I know how the postman feels...

GoldenMotor.com

siameaze

Nov 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
I can't be the only 1? everyday on my commute to and from work I cut thru a section of shared biketrack along the river where people walk their dogs and without fail I get chased by 2 or 3 dogs... They see me, hear me go nuts and its on? whats the 411? It's definetely a pattern not a 1 off??? Not really bothering me that much just curious...drn2

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
dogs are hunter/killers
and
they are defensive against all possible threats
simple enough

boil some old rag scraps in water with some bacon grease/beef trimmings
keep sock-sized pieces of that handy in a open pouch near your handle-grip

if a dog gets near enough
flip one of those out at his face
rc

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
When dogs chase me, I try to anticipate his approach and stop about the same time that he meets me. This confuses them. Especialy if you make aggresive moves towards them like you're gonna chase them with the MB.
There was one dog that would crouch behind cans or cars and jump out as I came abreast. I anticipated him one day, and veered closer and caught him in the shoulder with my steel toed boot. Now he runs the other way when I pass.

siameaze

Nov 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
lol bacon grease i used it all on my chain... hey wait a minute, thanks guys just thought it was weird they never bother me on my other bikes when i'm doing the "P" word only when my 2 stroke is singing...
Sime

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
That's just another reason I don't ride bike paths. Where I live more people use them to walk their mutts than bikers plus the morons let the dogs cra p all along the way. It's disgusting to get back to the shop and have to clean tire treads.

siameaze

Nov 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Aleman good call alot of people on the highways here have roo repellers they are small hi freq whistler things that can be stuck on ur bumper, might stick one somewhere on my bike and see if it works on dogs thanks for the tip... They work pretty well on kangaroos to get them outta the way because they tend to freeze on the road and the big ones can really mess up up ur ride