HF 2.5 HP pull start/shroud

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Lol, that was me :D What I'm saying is you can take the starter assembly as a whole off, but do NOT try to separate the white plastic pulley in the starter from the metal pullstart casing. If will only end in tears. Take the shroud and starter off as many times as you need :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I will take and post pics if it will help. Is an amazingly simple thing, the way it is set up. Even the spring/recoil. If ya have a pull start, it gonna mess with you some day. Learn it now! LOL

Really, if we cant start em, we be pedaling home. 12 miles up hill in the snow both ways. Honda, HS or HF. Gotta know em. All basically the same thing except the Honda's never mess up. snork

Also, start em easy. Pull until you feel "tight" then let rewind. Turn the engine a few more times to spread oil. (Thanks Blacken!) Then sharp pull when you feel her tense. Never let em snap back. She is a Lady. Be kind.

If, and does happen, your spring needs to be shortened. not a big deal and can be done on the road. 'Cause you have your tool bag. Open the cover. Bend it as needed and rewind. Is not a big deal. My daily rider is a HF with a spring I broke 2ce. You can do this. Just look and take your time. The recoil is an easy fix.

Carry every tool you need to build a MB, to fix a MB!