going green

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ahhhh...Rack mount with a jack shaft? Is that what the hole in the fender is for?
And, I'm interested in the side car in the background. Did I miss your build on that?
Tom

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
If I can go off topic for a second

I have a plastic tank shell from a mini chopper
I was thinking of making two fuel cylinders, strapping them to the top post and covering them with the shell, , or maybe just using one of the supplied peanut tanks

Is that what you have done here?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I was thinking of making two fuel cylinders, strapping them to the top post and covering them with the shell, , or maybe just using one of the supplied peanut tanks

He makes those tanks from scratch and they are a some what expensive very time consuming project

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio

for the propane bike i made a bracket that bolts to the top tube, the propane tanks are held in place with velcro, thats the way it will look as in the pic. the tank on the side car bike is fiberglass that i made.
i just finshed a 2 hour dvd how too on making fiberglass tanks. plan to offer them for sale in the next few weeks.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
well i've been playing with the carb i made trying to get it to run on propane without much luck. it idles great and does full throttle great, but all part throttle positions result in bogging or the engine dieing. the carb uses a barrel valve to vary the fuel port. but theres to much pressure in the tanks to make this work, i need a vacuum regulator to controll the pressure but havent been able to find one for motors smaller than 6.5 hp. anyone know of a source for small vacuum regulators.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
ok, after searching forever i found this. which has given me an idea on how to use a weed wacker carb. the link is not direct you'll need to follow it.
FloridaAME Home Page once on this page go to the left side of the page and click on tips&links then click on assorted modle engine building tips, then scroll down to the third tip, it's plans for an on demand vacuum regulator for small engines, theres a pdf you can down load.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
the fenders on this one are steel, i took a set of big beach bike fenders and welded steel sides to them. a little body work and presto.
i bought 2 adjustable regulators for propane camp stoves from amazon that will screw onto the benz tanks so i can cut the pressure down, that along with a weed wacker carb should get it running on propane, (fingers crossed)
the plans for that guys on demand regulator are really just a weed wacker carb without the throttle valve so it should work.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i wasn't able to get it to run well on propane. since there are no propane kits for engines this small i'd probably have to buy a propane lawnmower and rob the works off of it, i'm not ready to put that much money into a propane project yet, so i made a fiberglass tank for it. runs real good and i really like the single left side chain drive. both motor and pedal power going through one chain.