Felt MP Into A Limited Speed Motorcycle

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
More pics

SANY0231.jpg Head light mounted to bracket I fa bed up includes mounting for signal lights just needs front cover cap.

SANY0232.jpg

SANY0233.jpg Here is the comparison from the stock front end to the shock front end.

SANY0234.jpg

SANY0238.jpg I purchased this from the whizzer company and it matches nicely

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you Clotho my brother loaned me the sprayer and I sprayed outside it was raining so I had to use my easy up that really sucked. Plus it was too cold out so I had to use my mister heater in the garage. Each piece had to shuttled in and out for each coat that sucked too but I am happy with the results. Was way more work than you can imagine I'm now having trouble sleeping at night because I'm excited about putting it all together LOL

Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
So here are the latest pictures the front end is done I have to say I am very happy with the way it turned out. The look is so close to stock yet nicely upgraded front shock and disk brakes. Next is the battery box and wiring.

SANY0001.jpg This pic shows the stock MP before any changes.

SANY0250.jpg In this pic you can see the sending unit for the speedo.

SANY0251.jpg

SANY0255.jpg In this shot you get a great look at the three piece wide crank, not so wide after all

SANY0256.jpg You can not imagine freaking hard it was to get everything to go on that front axle speedo, carrier brackets, fender supports AAAAAARRRRGGGGG! :(

Should have the wiring complete by the weekend and start on the engine kit.

Last edited:

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Terry, everything looks great! I have a question about that front fork and suspension.... Where'd ya get it?!!! You mentioned a good deal. Its so nice. I have been fighting with the whole "springer, monarch or just plain shock front end" battle. Most of the nicer forks like that go for $700+, too rich for my blood. You know what I say, "More money still in the pocket is more gas in the tank!" Thanks!!!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Darren
It is a used shock I found on the INTERNET was listed for $125 I got it for $100 and there was no way I could even consider a new one it is a Dual crown shock you should be able to find one on the net hope that helped you

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
One more thing make sure you talk to your local bicycle dealer before you buy anything. They will help you to know just what to look for in a front shock for your bike. You may have special needs like mine because I bought my hub before I bought the shock I had to get a fork with a 19mm axle. Many shocks have much larger axle, get your shock first then get the hub you need.
Terry

Last edited:

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Thanks Terry,
Yea, a real hard task figuring out what toys to buy. But the prices on the shocks are almost not worth it to me. I can't believe they charge that much for stamped steel, tubes and two springs.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are the latest Pictures of the Felt MP and Happy to say that it is now truly a Limited Speed Motorcycle. there are only a few minor things to finish, the rear fuel tank needs mounting bracket and Pour 15 tank sealer of witch I am doing tonight. Then drill and tap the petcock after that I am waiting for the Creative Engineering sprocket and hub adapter to show up and then I will have the wind in my hair

SANY0271.jpg

SANY0272.jpg

SANY0275.jpg

SANY0276.jpg

SANY0277.jpg

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here is the last picture

SANY0278.jpg

When the sprocket is in I will insure the bike and then I will do some performance videos. I will be using a front 10 tooth non free wheel and a 36 tooth rear for top speed. And if I can I will try the 10 tooth front and 50 tooth rear on a few hills will be interesting to see what speeds will be. I have had one MB forum member report 45 MPH top speed with 11 tooth front and a 44 rear will be fun to try it out I CAN WAIT :)

Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are two more pictures taken by my brother Colin and his camera early in the day and with out the fuel tank on the back. Kinda makes me wonder if I should seal the top tube after all. And BIG THANKS goes out to my brother Colin he helped me many many weekends and evenings with all that had to be done.

Picture 034.jpg

Picture 035.jpg