Attn all boardtrackers velodrome found

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Ahh man is that cool! Someone in the area should find out who is the land owner and try to organize some racing there. That would be so much fun .wee.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hmmmmm the old track was wood boards, this one looks like pavement. Is it possible that over the years the wood was replaced by dirt and asphalt? The banking and width are not as great on the asphalt either...is this just the remnants of the inside track?

Still, I would love to be the owner.

Last edited:

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
The City of Detroit owns it. It is in rough shape, probably too rough to race on it.

If you want to race, just show up and race on it, don't try to get permission from the COD.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
The City of Detroit owns it. It is in rough shape, probably too rough to race on it.

If you want to race, just show up and race on it, don't try to get permission from the COD.
Easier to beg forgiveness then ask permission. laff

Barnfresh

Sep 5, 2011
Nor-Cal
Pretty cool. Wouldn't it be great if that could be fixed up some and put to good use?
SB
Thunderdrome - Dorais Park - Detroit Area News Should Cover This - YouTube

Not MB but a great race never the less....and the winner did have pedals!
ThunderDrome 10-16-2010-All-Class-Challenge - YouTube

Can you picture a dozen or more MB boardtrackers going at it head to head on this course.....Now, who's driving the bus in 2012?

To see more go to The Thunderdrome!

The irony is this thread was from September 2010 and they held their first race the following month. Had a group of MBs showed up to race I'm sure they would have been welcomed with open arms.........

Last edited: