First attempt

GoldenMotor.com

bootstrap

Oct 4, 2010
australia
Purchased a well used Cyclops 'Oran' roadbike for $10 from a local recycle centre and had it sand blasted and powder coated black to match the kit tank.
A poo poo pipe was the final additon, however it has turn indicators, brake light and speedo.

Thanks to all for your help. You'll never know how valuable your collective experience is to us first timers.

Cheers

P9180297.JPG

P9180321.JPG

bootstrap

Oct 4, 2010
australia
Hi Moto and thanks fo the kind words.

Just returned from checking the fuel filter and I found a small arrow indicating fuel flow and can confirm it's correct orientation.

'Cos here in Australia we're at the bottom of the world, everyone knows that fuel flows upwards instead of the usual way; so fuel filters must therefore all be upside - down.
That would be my explanation.

Cheers

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Your bike looks great.
Before you get out there and get that beautiful thing all dirty you might want to fasten that big ol
poo poo pipe to your bike frame so you don't snap the exhaust studs out of that new cylinder jug.

Go ride the living daylights out of that thing..

TIM

bootstrap

Oct 4, 2010
australia
Hi Tim,
You're right. During a brief test ride I noticed some oil leaking from the exhaust gasket and traced it to vibration loosening the fasteners.
I have since mounted my poo poo pipe proudly to the wheel support using the mounting strap supplied with the original exhaust and so far it seems to be working OK.
I've just started my 3rd tank of fuel so I'm still running the engine in at 25:1 Repsol synthetic.
Cheers

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Amazing. Being south of the equator affects toilets and fuel filters.
That's a lean, clean motorbike.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Hi Moto and thanks fo the kind words.

Just returned from checking the fuel filter and I found a small arrow indicating fuel flow and can confirm it's correct orientation.

'Cos here in Australia we're at the bottom of the world, everyone knows that fuel flows upwards instead of the usual way; so fuel filters must therefore all be upside - down.
That would be my explanation.

Cheers
I've never thought about that,but gravity would be going up from our vantage point here lol
xct2